Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Device Portal - Remote VPN management

Device Portal - Remote VPN management

MauroRiboniMX
Contributor

Hi to everyone, 

I have my own VPN server configured with iroutes to access the LAN(s) of the machine behind the clients. I am trying to use the deviceportal to reach the ctrlX core on the machine to load the VPN certs, start-up the vpn and then stop it and remove the certs after the remote management of the machine. The problem is that the VPN works perfectly while using and triggering it locally but it fails to run when i access trough the deviceportal.

is there some trick to fix this issue?

8 REPLIES 8

JulianW
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Mauro,

there is no trick and it is supposed to work. They have been working on it and I hope they will come up with a solution soon.

Thanks

J

mlaml
Established Member

Hi,

we've tried to reproduce the problem but had no success. In our test scenario, initiating the connection via Device Portal worked without problems.

Would you be available for a little debug session in which we have a look at the problem together?

Hi, 

For sure text me in PM and let's set it up

mlaml
Established Member

Hi Mauro,

it's been a while since we have had a look at the problem together.

Could you give a small update? As far as I understood, you were able to solve the issue and have published a tutorial [1] for it, right?

[1] https://developer.community.boschrexroth.com/t5/Store-and-How-to/Machine-remote-access-using-VPN-and...

Hi, 

Sorry, i got no mail notification and now i am late 😐

I try again next week and then i tell you!!

Any news here or can this topic be closed?

Hi, 

I need to have a call with the customer this week.

Then in case i will schedule a test and then close it in case it is not needed/working

Any news here or can this topic be closed?

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist