Did you mean: 
SOLVED

SMMC overview

SMMC overview

dhg
Established Member

Hello,

Here some questions regarding the following SMMC topologies: 

Architecture 1: 2x SAFEX-C1.12 connected via SMMC through the primary interface (they don't have secondary interface). Is it mandatory to have an EtherCAT master connected to each of them? How should be interconnected both SAFEX-C.12?

Architecture 2: 2x SAFEX-C1.15 connected via SMMC through the secondary interface. As far as I understand it could work as a stand-alone. Is it right?

Are the following architetures possible?:

Architecture 3: same as "Architecture 1" but instead of 2x SAFEX-C1.12, with 2x SAFEX-C1.15. 

Architecture 4: 1x SAFEX-C1.12 & 1x SAFEX-C1.15 connected via SMMC, both through the primary interface. Of course, with an EtherCAT master linked to each of them. 

Architecture 5: 1x SAFEX-C1.12 & 1x SAFEX-C1.15 connected via SMMC through the primary interface (C1.12) and the secondary interface (C1.15). 

It is planned to add Standard Ethernet SMMC in the primary interface?

Is there any how-to document for configuring it?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

Dias
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello dhg,

Architecture 1: 2x SAFEX-C1.12 connected via SMMC through the primary interface (they don't have secondary interface). Is it mandatory to have an EtherCAT master connected to each of them? How should be interconnected both SAFEX-C.12?

Yes it is possible but the configuration is complicated because you have to handle the data via Pub/Sub or OPC/UA Client/Server between both Ethercat network.

Architecture 2: 2x SAFEX-C1.15 connected via SMMC through the secondary interface. As far as I understand it could work as a stand-alone. Is it right?

Yes you are right. This was allready described in this video:

[EN] Bosch Rexroth ctrlX SAFETY Part1: SMMC Safety Master Master Communication - YouTube

Are the following architetures possible?:

Architecture 3: same as "Architecture 1" but instead of 2x SAFEX-C1.12, with 2x SAFEX-C1.15.

Yes it is possible, but same arguments. If you need detailed information please contact me. 

Architecture 4: 1x SAFEX-C1.12 & 1x SAFEX-C1.15 connected via SMMC, both through the primary interface. Of course, with an EtherCAT master linked to each of them. 

Yes it is possible, but same arguments. If you need detailed information please contact me.

Architecture 5: 1x SAFEX-C1.12 & 1x SAFEX-C1.15 connected via SMMC through the primary interface (C1.12) and the secondary interface (C1.15). 

No this is not possible

dhg
Established Member

Hello @Dias 

All clear excepting the following questions regarding Architectures 1/3/4:

• If the controls used have EtherCAT master but not OPCUA Pub/Sub or OPCUA client/server, then it is not possible, right?
  • As OPCUA is not a SAFE protocol, what about the security level if we are using those protocols to transfer safe data between controls?

Thank you!

Dias
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello dhg,

• In case you plan a project with SMMC on primary port please contact me first:
  •  
  • If the controls used have EtherCAT master but not OPCUA Pub/Sub or OPCUA client/server, then it is not possible, right?
  • Yes in this case it is not possible
  • As OPCUA is not a SAFE protocol, what about the security level if we are using those protocols to transfer safe data between controls?
  • It dont must a safe protocoll because CRC is a part of datas

dhg
Established Member

Hello @Dias ,

Thank you for the clarification.

Another question: 

For the Architecture 2: 2x SAFEX-C1.15 connected via SMMC through the secondary interface. Can the SAFEX-C1.15 be also slaves of Profinet?

Thank you!

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist