Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Using Flatbuffers on a type which is not defined by the Pre-Existing libraries

Using Flatbuffers on a type which is not defined by the Pre-Existing libraries

tszalkai

Hi,

I am trying to find a way Read and Write to a complex Datalayer type (T_FLATBUFFERS) which is not describes by any of the exsisting _fbs libraries. The type in question does show up under /types in the core's datalayer as a schema. I am using  PLC Engineering V1.20.6.

How can I import this schema below into the PLC Environment?

{
    "definitions": {
        "saveParamStart_schema_saveParamStartSchema": {
            "type": "object",
            "properties": {
                "fileName": {
                    "type": "string"
                },
                "backupType": {
                    "type": "string"
                }
            },
            "additionalProperties": false
        }
    },
    "$ref": "#/definitions/saveParamStart_schema_saveParamStartSchema"
}
3 REPLIES 3

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Could you please point our the path on the data layer that should be read? 

Pleas also check out topic "Read system data layer object from PLC" for some further information.

/devices/drives/ethercatmaster_1001/fileManagement/saveParameterFile/axis-1-start

It is hidden, but it uses type types/saveParamStart/saveParamStartSchema . 

This type is not defined by any of the libraries. This function is used with the Drive Connect App.

The example you provided shows types defined in the pre-exsisting libraries and this one is not there.

There is no library available to access this hidden interface as it also not usable for customer but only implemented for testing purposes. Please try version 2.x (2.6 coming up end of March) for using this feature.

I do not know if there is a general way to access unknown flatbuffer, never tried that.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist