cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EthernetIP Adapter - node address to read the tags - ctrlX PLC Fieldbus communication

EthernetIP Adapter - node address to read the tags - ctrlX PLC Fieldbus communication

autem
New Poster

Hi there, 

Learning from this EthernetIP demo : ctrlX CORE – CODESYS Fieldbus Communication – Ethernet/IP 
I would like to read the ENIP tags from a third-party ethernetIO scanner.
What is the node address that should be used to read the EthernetIP tags ?
I tried with "ns=1;s=[ctrlX_CORE]output_data[0]", but with no success.

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

MauroRiboniMX
Contributor

Hello, 

To use this product you have to install the codesys soft fieldbus extension for ethernet-ip, configure them and use them like in the video. I leave you the link to the product:

CODESYS - Fieldbus Communication 

There you can also find the manual of the product. 

Mauro

Thanks @MauroRiboniMX for your reply.
Fieldbus extension for ethernet-ip is already installed, and symbolic addressing is activated.
My question was :

• What is the node address (symbolic address) that should be used to read the EthernetIP tags ?

Below few pictures of my current setup : Adapter=CtrlX , Scanner=3rd-party SCADA application (Ignition)

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

adapter configadapter config
----

symbolic configsymbolic config

Hello,

In this way you are sharing those variables in the datalayer and also in the OPC-UA server (if you have the OPCUA server app installed).

You can then use our UaTestClient Link to ua test client To browse inside the server and understand which is the node ID in the OPCUA. The data anyway are shared via OPCUA.

Mauro

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Is this still an issue? Or how was it solved?

Could you more  describe how you want to access this data? As your control seems to be EtherNet IP Adapter you will need to configure it as device in your Scanner control to have cyclic access.

Lie @MauroRiboniMX said if you add them to your symbol configuration it would also be possible to access them via CODESYS V3 or OPC UA (if server app is installed).

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist