Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling IP Forwarding on VPN App v2.4.1

Enabling IP Forwarding on VPN App v2.4.1

ctrlXnovo
Long-established Member

Hi,

I am trying to enable "Enabling IP Forwarding" in the tun0 settings once I have a VPN connection to an OpenVPN instance.  It is this setting:

ctrlXnovo_0-1706560471804.png

As soon as I click "Save" I get this configuration error, but no other information:

ctrlXnovo_1-1706560509745.png

There is no fault or information in the log files.  Everything else seems to be working with the VPN app but I need this option to allow access to other devices on the same local network as the ctrlX CORE.  I would like to forward IP Addresses on the main engineering port of the ctrlX CORE that has a fixed IP address on a local network switch.  I granted the user all permissions that I could find that were related to the function, tried rebooting too, but it didn't work.  Additionally, the "Use External Settings" option is never available.

Can you provide more information about this config error and how to enable "Use External Settigns"?

Connections: XF10 - Fixed IP, connected to local network switch.  XF51 - DHCP, connected to internet connection, connected to OpenVPN account.  IndraDrive - fixed IP on X26, connected to local network switch, same subnet as XF10.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

MauroRiboniMX
Contributor

Hello, 

Seems a bug to me. Can you try with the 2.2.X version? or, have you tested with 2.2 version? By now i have not found problems in such cases. Downgrade the Deviceadmin to 2.2.X and also VPN to 2.2.0 and then tell me 😁

ctrlXnovo
Long-established Member

The same problem exists for v2.2.0.

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Are there more information in the logbook when the error was created? 

I contact you and we test together

ctrlXnovo
Long-established Member

There is this error but it must resolve itself during boot-up because I do not have any errors on the controller once the boot sequence is complete:

ctrlXnovo_0-1707228681678.png

I do have the required VPN license installed and the VPN function works, except for the original problem I posted.

We make some test together 😁

ctrlXnovo
Long-established Member

This seems to be a bug in the dialog, or perhaps it is intended to work this way.  To get around it, enable port forwarding on the physical port first, the one that is connected to the device to be forwarded.  In my case, this was XF10.  Once XF10 has port forwarding enabled, the port forwarding of the tun0 VPN connection can be enabled and then the forwarding function works.  I would suggest a better diagnostic message that checks for this condition if this app is behaving as intended, meaning that the physical port must be set to 'port forwarding' first, and then the tun0 connection. 

I Don't know, seems that network manager doen't like it. Either if it's a bug or a bad dialog should be fixed 🙂

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist