Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

S20_DIDO_8_1 fault on the periphery side

S20_DIDO_8_1 fault on the periphery side

AndroidzZ
New Contributor

Hello,

I have a system with a Core, XCD drive, S20-EC-BK, S20AO_8 and S20_DIDO_8_1.And all of a sudden The S20 gives the error that something is wrong with a local bus device. The S20_DIDO_8_1 is flashing yellow and green which indicates the following error: 

AndroidzZ_0-1681806323373.png

Is there a fix for this (without having to download IO ethercat config again) and a remedy that it wont happen all of a sudden again in the future?

Kind regards

8 REPLIES 8

AndroidzZ
New Contributor

in ctrlX IO Engineering i get the following message when i want to download my IO config again:

AndroidzZ_0-1681808853217.png

cc2go
Occasional Contributor

The last screenshot tells that the ESI files for the drives are missed. Do you know the fw version of the drives? Or do you have updated the drives?

I assume the bus coupler is not switching to OP or make the process data valid, because of the drive config issue. You can test it, when you temporally remove the drives from the configuration and the setup and use the IO alone.

Please check the revision of the drives, the EtherCAT scan dialog can show the revision, when you use the context menu of the device type header cell in the scan dialog to display it.

Organize the old ESI or update the ESI and drives to latest version.

I will check revision numbers when i am able to.

Maybe worth mentioning is that I am missing the red coulerd text/files in: "C:\ProgramData\Rexroth\ctrlX WORKS\1\Studio\Devices")

I read in the following thread: https://developer.community.boschrexroth.com/t5/ctrlX-PLC/Device-descriptions-are-missing/m-p/51573

That I should do a repair and if that don't work try to get the files from somebody else. I tried both but still I get the message in IO engineering. 

cc2go
Occasional Contributor

no a repair will not solve your issue, you have to organize the old ESI files for the drives and re-install them in your new IO Engineering via Tools and Device Repository.

Drive Engineering stores them in the folder "C:\Program Files\Rexroth\ctrlX WORKS\DeviceDataSheets\ctrlX_DRIVE". May check an old installation. Or instead of ctrlX Works a Drive Engineering Standalone installation.

Do you checked the revision in the drives with the help of the Scan for Devices dialog? Which drive firmware are you using? May in your project you are using old, outdated ESI.

When i check in the information tab of the drive in IO engineering i get the revision number. Both the drive have revision number 16#00000002.

I see in my device repository that there are files for the drive with revision # 16#00000003 are installed, see attachment.

the firmware version of the drive is: 

Firmware version drive.JPG

I'm not able to find any ESI files from the XCD files on. I have looked on the www.boschrexroth.com site in: 

https://www.boschrexroth.com/en/gb/search.html?lang=EN&origin=header&s=download&q=XCD&num=10

Am i doing something wrong? In ctrlX DRIVE it tells me it is up to date

cc2go
Occasional Contributor

Hello, checked and attached the ESI files for AXS-V0208, with them it shall work

I will be out of office for next couple weeks. I will lets you know the result.

Thanks for the files!

I just did a repair of my ctrlx WORKS 1.16 and after that the problem seemed to be gone away.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist