cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Configuring Analog IO module in ctrlX I/O engineering

Configuring Analog IO module in ctrlX I/O engineering

Hi, I'm evaluating the setup for using ctrlX suite for interfacing with analog sensors. I am running a ctrlX core virtual instance and, from what I understood, I need to set up I/O module from ctrlX I/O engineering.

I have found the ctrlX I/O XI3xxxxx modules for providing 4 analog inputs, but these are not availble when I select "Add device..." to the EtherCAT master.

gustavovelascoh_0-1652952978534.png

Am I missing something here? Is this the correct approach?

13 REPLIES 13

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

The IO structure will look similar to the following picture. But they are not yet available for sales and so not for commissioning. It is planned to have them avaiable in Q3 2022.

ctrlX IO engineering digital ctrlX IOsctrlX IO engineering digital ctrlX IOs

Thanks for your reply @CodeShepherd . As the ctrlX Analog IO module is not available yet, How will be the integration with a MODBUS-tcp Analog IO module? I saw there is a ctrlX CORE - Modbus TCP app.

Or How could I integrate an analog IO module from the S20 family?

I am not sure what you mean with ModbusTCP app.

For S20 modules you simply use "S20-EC-BK" EtherCat buscoupler.

Also you could use CODESYS - Fieldbus Communication for a PLC based softstack of different protocols. Or another library capable of this.

I also came across this Modbus TCP app (in the configurator) and was wondering what exactly this app means. 

is this app needed to use modbus TCP?

Exactly, That's the one I am referring to. 

Hello,

Modbus TCP app allows the ctrlX CORE to be connected to other third-party devices via Modbus TCP.
The app is not yet available for the general market.

I would be interested in your use case for the app, if you have one.

Hi Sophia,

we are creating a broad energy management system with different devices (third-party devices) with different communication protocols including Modbus TCP.

Do I understand correctly that at the moment it is not possible to use Modbus TCP on the ctrlX CORE ?

I have found this datasheet S20-ETH-BK, but it says the module supports MODBUS, not Ethercat.

Is in this case you suggest using the PLC app in the ctrlX core along with a CODESYS softstack that support MODBUS?

I have heard that through the Engineering port of the CORE, controlled with function blocks from the PLC, you can communicate with Modbus TCP.

So i was wondering what the Modbus TCP app is for?

When you say "PLC", Are you referring to the PLC app, with CODESYS support? I presume the MODBUS-TCP app is intended to provide support from the Ubuntu Core OS, without requiring the PLC app and CODESYS.

Yes, with PLC I indeed refer to de PLC APP. Thanks for your comment.

Can somebody confirm that the TCP-app is intended to provide support from the Ubuntu Core OS, without the use of the PLC app.

The Modbus TCP app is not related to the PLC app. So you can have the communication independent of other apps.

Hi Sophie,

in our case, we want to connect the ctrlX core to 3rd-party I/O devices using ModbusTCP.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist