cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

watchdog PLC exception(For While loop code)

watchdog PLC exception(For While loop code)

Mr_Wonder_Why
Established Member

Hi I tried to execute the sample code below but i kept getting stopped out by watchdog feature. 

3 REPLIES 3

CodeWasi
Occasional Contributor

Hello !
viewing the code-example makes me convince that the WD is expected correctly... the While loop runs and will consume time .... till the WDTime is reached... if a WD time is setup,
If not I would expect - becasuse of the endless loop -  a PLC WD/Exception as well.

Do you disagree -  did I get it wrong?

Bye

Hi I do acknowledge that the while loop will cause a watchdog error here. But is there an alternative solution to this? i tried disabling the watchdog feature, and my corex became unresponsive straight away. Had to sent back to LOHR for repair. 

CodeWasi
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

by operating with WD you avoid the topic. Means the WDs - even with expanded setups - will provide more access of the ctrlX.

Running the system without WD into a endless-loop will cause high  load on the core the PLC-Task is calculated and all task with lower-Prio will be suppressed. Communication of the web-sites is effected etc. Trying to get in contact with the ctrlX-PLC Eng will run in Timeout-topic.
Goal would be natural to bring the PLC in Stop. Remember the Endless-loop is not a bug in terms of system-behaviour.
If a) the PLC-website can not be loaded,
b) the PLCEng is not connectable the Rest-Api be supported.
If not - the deactivation of the PLC-App will be possible, even several trials may be needed to trigger the switching to 'Service' - mode.
Activating the PLCApp again will bring the PLC in Stop-mode.
Low load will the result - connecting with PLCEng is possible again. Flashing the image can be avoided by that!

If the above is not feasible:

Sending the control for service can be avoided just by re-flashing the ctrlx-runtime - image again (system-apps). Placing a microSD with the Image makes the ctrlX to 'boot' with external memory content.

The topic is described within the release notes or
https://docs.automation.boschrexroth.com/doc/3417946415/hardware-reset-of-the-ctrlx-core-and-the-ctr...

Bye

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist