Our ctrlX CORE device sometimes show abnormal behaviour. Following are some the observations regarding this issue so far:
Please find attached the screenshot of browser trying to access PLC. Also find attached the ctrlX CORE system report and diagnostics files.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thanks for the message. But I don't think that cache of browser is responsible for this problem since I have tried to open the ctrlX CORE from another PC as well that is in the same local network. Furthermore, the Node-RED app is also not working at the back-end so there is some issue at the ctrlX CORE device side.
Some more information:
Manual rebooting of ctrlX CORE device is not a solution since the device has to be operational 24/7 hours of a week. Furthermore, the device is installed at a remote place so manual ON/OFF is not an option. There should be a feature to restart the device via SSH in such cases to handle the problems.
Regarding the issue of ctrlX CORE being not reachable, there are couple of pre-released versions of apps installed in device. So, can they cause a problem? Thanks
The only quite not fitting app on your system is the IDE 1.18.7. There it could be that is trying to acces interfaces not existing on the used apps like ctrlX MOTION 1.12.8, CTRLX CORE Python runtime 1.12.4 and ctrlX AutomationCore 1.12.8.
The only problem that I know that gets device get slow and at some point unreachable is 100% filled up internal RAM or flash storage. Are there e.g. files writiten via Node-RED? Could you do a reboot of the control and afterwards have a look to the CPU and storage utilisation?
You can restart the ctrlX CORE even via its web UI (not needing any ssh connection). See this post if it it is really necessary to get ssh access to your control.
Thanks for the response.
We'll go for the SSH user as a last option and for now try to restart device and fix issue.
I have just found one interesting point and it might be causing the internal memory to be 100% filled. The diagnostic log I have attached contains 10000 logs that are generated within 40 seconds. That's like a flood of messages and most of them are the repeatation of 2 lines below. I think once the device will start, the diagnostic log memory will be cleaned. This issue might be related to IDE. I'll check and update here. Please let me know if you find a potential reason of repeatation of below logs. Thanks