Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CtrlX Crash when adding Data Layer Subscription in node-red

CtrlX Crash when adding Data Layer Subscription in node-red

KevinD
Established Member

Hi,

I've a problem with node-red on Ctrlx.
When I try to add a new Data Layer Subscription, the CtrlX crash and restart when I deploy.
When the CtrlX is restarted, the added object is deleted from node-red.

I already have 59 subscriptions which work but it crashes when I add the 60th.

If I remove one and then add the new it works.

Can you help me?

Thanks,

Kevin

6 REPLIES 6

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Could you give some more information?

• Are different subscription configurations added or one used for accessing several nodes?
  • Which version of your system apps and Node-RED app is used?
  • Could you please set your logbook to persistent and provide a system report (mentioned in second half of this post) after the crash?

KevinD
Established Member

Hello Shepherd,

thank you for your reply.

• Are different subscription configurations added or one used for accessing several nodes?
    • There is only one subscription to a CtrlX but other configuration nodes (SQL database, HTTP requests)
  • Which version of your system apps and Node-RED app is used?

I found a temporary workaround. If instead of using a Data Layer subscription, I use an inject node with a repetition interval every 500ms and use a Data Layer request, it works.

You will find the flow in attachment if that helps

Thanks,
Kevin.

Hi Kevin,

You don't show your system apps in the image above, but if you are not on 1.12, there is likely an incompatability. I would definitely try to upgrade your ctrlX CORE firmware to v1.20 or higher and try with the matching Node-RED version. There have been many significant updates to the system apps as well as Node-RED since version 1.12.

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@KevinD Any news here? is this still an issue? Or can this topic be closed?

KevinD
Established Member

Hello Shepherd,

I should update the ctrlX but it is currently running in production and having never done that before I don't want to make a mistake.

For the moment I manage to get around the problem by using data layer requests with an inject true every 500ms by detecting a rising edge instead of using the data layer subscribe

The problem is therefore on standby for the moment.
I will wait for a production shutdown. How long does an update last? Are there sometimes problems or important elements to take into account before updating?

Thanks for your help,

Kevin.

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Time needed for updating is mainly depending on your setup.

As there were major changes between version 1.12 and 1.20 Some things need to be considered:

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist