cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

RT-samples in com.boschrexroth.sdk.control.rt-2.6.0 causes the automationcore process to restart

RT-samples in com.boschrexroth.sdk.control.rt-2.6.0 causes the automationcore process to restart

Maron

I downloaded com.boschrexroth.sdk.control.rt-2.6.0.zip and compiled the scheduler and dl-shm-owner examples from samples-cpp for testing. Both examples cause the entire rexroth-automation-frame process to restart during the first startup loading process. They only work correctly on the second load. 

The first run shows "Stopping Service for snap application rexroth-automationcore.control" after registering the component sdk_rt::ShmOwner.

Maron_0-1720677173759.png

After the rexroth-automationcore.control service restarts, the second load is successful.

Maron_2-1720677537896.png

The issue has been occured on both the Virtual 2.6.4 system in CtrlX Works and the 2.6 system on the CtrlX-X7.

Attached is the complete log information I obtained from "snap logs -f rexroth-automationcore."

7 REPLIES 7

Sgilk
Contributor

Hi @Maron ,

Hopefully @nickH has some input as well, but I think this is normal behavior. I don't believe a service can be registered as part of the real-time scheduler without restarting the automation core. This is because the scheduler service is part of the automation core.

nickH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I have to take a detailed look when I find time to do that. But the bundles should be loaded at runtime, there is no reboot of the entire automation framework necessary. 

Does this only occur to you, when you install the samples on the virtualControl/real hardware or can you see the same behaviour while local debugging in the build environment? 

Thank you for your response. Currently, I don't know how to debug the RT-App in the build environment. Could you please tell me the relevant steps? I will give it a try. Thanks!

nickH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A guide on how to do the local debugging can be found in the documentation of the RT-SDK (Debugging->Local Debugging).

nickH_0-1721033745460.png

nickH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Maron I was able to reproduce the issue you reported in a ctrlX COREvirtual. We will investigate more on this internally. And I will let you know when I receive news on the bug. 

Thanks for reporting! Best regards, 

Nick

nickH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Maron 

I got news for you regarding this issue. Its actually not a bug but designed as it is. The restart of the automation-core will happen if an app, which is not signed is installed and provides a bundle with the slot "automation-bundle-v3". So this happens for all SDK-samples and for your own project (as long as the app is not signed).

Background: The app rexroth-automationcore restart is initiated by snapd or systemd because the SDK samples snaps are not signed. The restart of rexroth-automationcore occurs on first install of any unsigned RT-SDK snap in order to connect the content interface "automation-bundle-v3". So that the rexroth-automationcore is able to access the bundle provided by the unsigned snap. There is no restart on update/reinstall of the snap. There will be no restart when installing an app for productive use since these apps should be signed. 

Learn more on how to get your app validated and signed: Customer App Support Services

Best regards, 

Nick

I see. Thank you very much for your explanation.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist