Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Licensing integration - unix socket missing

Licensing integration - unix socket missing

ralight
New Poster

Hello,

I'm trying to integrate with the license management interface. I've added the plug to my snapcraft.yml:

plugs:
  licensing-service:
  interface: content
  content: licensing-service
  target: $SNAP_DATA/licensing-service

I expect this to result in a unix socket being created in $SNAP_DATA/licensing-service. I can see that the licensing-service folder ends up getting created, but no unix socket. I've tried on a hardware ctrlX which is up to date and running e.g. rexroth-deviceadmin - 1.10.2.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,

Roger

8 REPLIES 8

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Please have a look to this topic.

Thank you, I have tried the example there but when I try to build the snap I am given the error:

failed to validate plug=licensing-service: `target` is required for content slot

The SDK documentation I have suggests I should be using the `target` key as well. I'm targetting core20.

Regards,

Roger

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I updated the topic i mentioned above.

Did you check if your plug is connected?

Thank you for the update. I have added `licensing-service` to my list of plugs, but it has made no difference. I checked with `snap connections` and can see that the licensing service is connected to my application. Is there anything else I could provide that would help with this?

I've noticed I can access the licensing API by connecting to http://localhost/<licensing url>. I can see the logs telling me the the features I am requesting are not available, which is expected as I have no license to test with at the moment. Is connecting to localhost like this a workable solution?

nickH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Yes you can use the ctrlX License Manager API to check for your license (acquire a license). The description how to do it can be found here: https://<IP of your control>/doc/api/license-manager/#/Licenses/acquireLicense. Here you can also try out the API by sending some example requests to the license manager. 

But make sure to 'Authorize' first by using the 'Available authorizations dialog'.

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

As long as you are an app on the same control you can use the IP or also localhost.

That's great, thank you. I hope that can make it into the documentation 🙂

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist