Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

PLC PROFIBUS communication with Staubli robot

PLC PROFIBUS communication with Staubli robot

Tirke
New Poster

Hello, I want to connect my PLC in IndraWorks ML12 to Staubli robot with communication protocol PROFIBUS. I've never been working with RPOFIBUS earlier, so, what the steps are? What should I know?

1 REPLY 1

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

In general there are two ways of using Stäubli at a IndraControl (MLC/MTX). So first you need to think about which MLC firmware version (suggested 14 or 15) you like to use and which connection way you like to choose:

1. Drive based connection (uniValDrive)
    The robot (e.g. Stäubli) is implemented via Sercos and the drives are found as PLC drives using SercosPackProfile. In this case "only" the MLC internal transformation schemes can be used. All calculation is done by the Rexroth kernel. So the full functionality of the MLC can be used like jump movement command, belt synchronicity, path observation, path viewer, kinematic-interface, safe zones and so on. Programming can be done by using the Rexroth standard Codesys based PLCopen function blocks or "Kinematics Interface".

2. IO based connection (mxAutomation, uniValPLC)
    The external control is implemented via any fieldbus (e.g. Profiet, Ethernet/IP,  Ethercat, UDP) and is found as an IO device. All robot related calculations are done external so no MLC functionality can be used. In this case all transformation schemes that are supported by supplier can be used (e.g. 6-axis arms). For these systems own Codesys based libraries with own functions are provided. Programming is done by using the foreign PLCopen function blocks. Also triggering predefined programs in the 3rd party robot controller is possible.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist