Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

loading different ethercat files to system, appdata is locked

loading different ethercat files to system, appdata is locked

ArcherThompson
Established Member

I had previously gotten a few good answers to how to access the ethercat.xml file and make adjustments or load a new file in. I played with it some and then got put on anouther project I would like to get this working now.
See :Reconfiguration of Ethercat devices From Ctrlx Core 

So now the issue I seem to be facing is the .xml is write protected (This is true in any state). How do I go about this or is the above solution no longer valid.

edit: it seems this may no longer be a valid approach per https://boschrexroth.github.io/ctrlx-automation-sdk/persistdata.html 
"

Since XCR-V-0120, app directories with active copyOnLoad are only copied if the corresponding app is installed and enabled on loading.

• writeProtected (default: true) App directories and their contents in the active configuration are protected against changes through the WebDAV interface and the Solutions UI by default. Set false to allow changes for a directory and its subdirectories, which requires that your app can detect and handle potential changes appropriately. Since XCR-V-0112.

Since XCR-V-0120, the default value of the writeProtected attribute is true in order to protect app directories against unintended changes.
"

2 REPLIES 2

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

In the current version 2.x there is the confinement now implemented, that a configuration should always be consistent and activated in a consistent state. So the way to go is manipulate an configuration archive and then activate it. In my example WinSCP is used. Connection Settings are:

• "Host name": <IP of control>
  • "Port number": 443 (standard TLS/SSL port for real hardware) or 8443 (for port forwarded ctrlX COREvirtual)
  • Standard path: /solutions/webdav/<name of archive> or /solutions/webdav/appdata (for active configuration)

WebDav access to archived EtherCat configurationWebDav access to archived EtherCat configuration

Same can be done via the ctrlX OS web UI. Then REST protocol is used:

REST access to archived EtherCat configurationREST access to archived EtherCat configuration

Thank You CodeShepard you're always coming to the rescue!

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist