Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

EtherCAT <-> Datalayer

EtherCAT <-> Datalayer

redford
Long-established Member

As of today, the EtherCAT Master of ctrlX CORE X3 supports a cycle time of 2 ms. What is the maximum sampling rate (bus cycle time) that can be achieved in combination with Fitlet3? Or what does it depend on? Are there any special requirements for the FieldBus port?

We currently have 2x50k samples/s EtherCat signals in the data layer. The Data Layer collector has a limitation of 50ms cycle time, what possibilities do you see to process the full data rate?

3 REPLIES 3

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Currently possible EtherCat cycle times at a ctrlX CORE X3 are 2ms - 20ms (see official documentation). In general the fastest timing is depending on over all traffic on the EtherCat protocol (cyclic and acyclic data). The fieldbus ports have special EtherCat hardware build in, as it is not working on standard Ethernet hardware.

As I do not get all your topics, what do you mean by "Fitlet3" and "Data Layer collector"?
Could you again descripe some more what you are currently doing and what you like to achieve?

redford
Long-established Member

We thought about running ctrlX OS with Fitlet3 or our PR22 and we have discussed with Rexroth about it. But I'm curious, on what things does the cycle time depend? On the hardware processor? We need about 1 ms.

We use data layer collector from device bridge app. We will try to bundle the data using plc and the device bridge pull it out from data layer. 

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

When using ctrlX OS and like to use EtherCat you will have to use a special hardware to even be able to.

Currently ctrlX OS is not out of the box usable on any hardware as modifications in the kernel needs to be done accordingly.

Please send me a private message with your contact data so we can discuss your use case.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist