Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bosch Device Bridge 3.2.9 no user permissions with ctrlX version 2.4

Bosch Device Bridge 3.2.9 no user permissions with ctrlX version 2.4

ThibaultM
Established Member

Hello,

I have installed the last Bosch Device Bridge version 3.2.9 in a ctrlX version 2.4 but there is User & Permission management problem in comparaison of running it in a ctrlX version 1.20

In ctrlX version 2.4 there are no DeviceBridge Permissions : 

ThibaultM_1-1718268216286.png

While in version 1.20 there are : 

ThibaultM_2-1718268301293.png

This difference brings a problem: boschrexroth user is the only one that can make modifications on Bosch Device Bridge application. If I create a new user, I can not give him the right to make Bosch Device Bridge modifications as Administrator for exemple.

Do you have an idea?

6 REPLIES 6

Sgilk
Contributor

Hi @ThibaultM ,

I looked through the Device Bridge snap and the scopes and permissions are defined. It looks to me like they may not quite be adhering to the latest schema requirements. Specifically the note below. There is no service in the main identifier.

Remark: Restrictions apply on the scope namings, identifiers, etc. (see below)

Use the following schema for the main identifier of the scope:

<id>.<service>

id: Package identifier. Has to correspond to the snap name
Example: rexroth-solutions, rexroth-vpnmanager, ...
service: Service identifier
Example: web
    "scopes-declaration": [
        {
            "description": "Permissions",
            "identifier": "devicebridge",
            "name": "DeviceBridge",
            "scopes": [
                {
                    "description": "DeviceBridge readonly mode",
                    "identifier": "devicebridge.all.r",
                    "name": "ReadOnly"
                },
                {
                    "description": "DeviceBridge power user mode",
                    "identifier": "devicebridge.all.rw",
                    "name": "Poweruser"
                },
                {
                    "description": "Manage and modify Axis configuration",
                    "identifier": "devicebridge.all.rwz",
                    "name": "Administrator"
                }
            ]
        }
    ],

Regardless, there is some incompatability with the newer releases of ctrlX OS, that I was able to reproduce.

ThibaultM
Established Member

Hi @Sgilk ,

Hum can we ask to the Bosch Device Bridge Team to upgrade their application to be compatible with our new ctrlX OS version 2.4 and 2.6?

Hello,

Apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused.

We have added the DeviceBridge user permission in DeviceBridge CtrlX version, your can find this option in upcoming DeviceBridge 3.3.1 version. We will update you, once we released this version.

Thanks
Product Support

Hello,

Thanks to fix this issue. When this version would be available ?

@ThibaultM you can check availability in the ctrlX Store are of our collaboration room.

@CodeShepherd : I would like to know when and not where 😁...

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist