Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Script Instances lost after reboot of ctrlX CORE

Script Instances lost after reboot of ctrlX CORE

maurusbien
Established Member

Hello everyone,

once I have created an script instances (like shown in this example here: https://developer.community.boschrexroth.com/t5/ctrlX-CORE/How-to-run-Python-scripts-on-the-ctrlX-CO...) it is not existing anymore when i reboot my ctrlX CORE (virtual). Should it be like this? Is there a possibility to save the created script instances permanetly?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Jochen_Mueller
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

The current situation (RM20.11): After reboot the instances vanish. (like descripted)

If you see the necessarity to change this behauvior please contact me directly. So we can discuss it.

drschiffler
Established Member

Hi,

you can use the "init script" functionallity.

1. Download and unzip the configuration via the web interface
  2. Write a python script 'init.py' with content eg. 'print("Hello ctrlX")' and save it in the configuration in the directory "script" (any other dir/filename would also work)
  3. Zip the configuration directory (now includes the init.py file) and upload it to the core via web ui
  4. Write on the datalyer node "script/cfg/init-script" the payload "{"file": "activeConfiguration/script/init.py","language": "python","parameter": []}" (can be done also via web ui)
  5. Reboot
  6. Now there is always a python instance called "Base" (prerequisite is the python runtime snap)
  7. POST the following payload on "script/instances/Base/cmd/file" to excecute any script you need (via web ui or REST API). Payload eg. '{"name":"activeConfiguration/script/myworker.py","param":[]}'

Notes:

Link to documentation

It seems in the docu linked above is a mistake according to the path for the init script see: activeConfiguration vs. activeSolution

Please see this post also for using WebDAV for manipulating the app data (aka configurations).

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist