cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem creating a virtual core

Problem creating a virtual core

akrosis

Hello,

I have ctrl Works 1.20.10, and cannot start the virtual core. When created, it's state is offline. When I click start, it goes to Booting and after 1-2 mins it just says No response, and thats it. Name is also not clickable. You can see them in attached images.

I've tried the solutions in below link, but they didn't work. I also disabled antivirus. Am I missing something?

https://developer.community.boschrexroth.com/t5/ctrlX-WORKS/Problem-with-Virtual-CtrlX-Core/m-p/6762...

Thanks for the support.

6 REPLIES 6

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Are you using a VPN? In this case with standard settings the ctrlX COREvirtual cannot be reached from your PC, as the whole network communication is rerouted. Please use port forwarding mode in this case. See official online documentation.

No, I don't use VPN.

My PC also doesn't run well generally for the last couple of weeks. But still, ctrlX Works doesn't give any errors or warnings so that also doesn't seem well.

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Could you please in ctrlX WORKS switch on "Settings --> Devices --> Show emulation process window for a running ctrlX COREvirtual"? Then a QEMU window should open showing the boot process of the ctrlX CORE. Does this happen and does the boot process work?

ctrlX WORKS - device settingsctrlX WORKS - device settings

QEMU - ctrlX OREvirtual emulationQEMU - ctrlX OREvirtual emulation

Please beware that emulating a ctrlX COREvirtual takes computing power of your PC. If its already quite busy, timeouts in communication can happen, such as control seems not to be responsive.

Yes it opens. I've watched it for the last 5 minutes now and QEMU just keeps restarting after it passes 1.90xxxxx and before 2.7xxxxxx. 

Only ctrlX Works is working, not even chrome was open when I tried this.

FooFighter
Long-established Member

Hello akrosis,

can you send me the "C:\ProgramData\Rexroth\ctrlX WORKS\virtual-controls\virtual-controls.json" file and also the subsequent batch file of the started control ("C:\ProgramData\Rexroth\ctrlX WORKS\virtual-controls\images\1.20.????\???.user.qcow2.tap.start.bat" ot the "???.user.qcow2port.start.bat". So I can check the start parameters. It seems like a param like the memory is not passed correctly. When starting an emulation without configured memory it reboots endless.
As a workaround you can check to edit the name of the control, save, change the name back and save to rewrite the parameters correctly.

Regards,
Oliver

Hello Oliver,

You can find them in attachment. I've tried to rename and rename back, unfortunately it didn't work. I've also tried deleting them and creating new ones, copying back the originals etc. 

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist