Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Can't install node-red-node-sqlite from manage palette

Can't install node-red-node-sqlite from manage palette

AlbertoGiani
New Poster

As i wrote in the title i'm getting an error when trying to install sqlite from manage palette, i managed to install several others components but this isn't working. this is the log ( i also tried to install directly the tgz file but it is still not working). Thanks you

8 REPLIES 8

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Did you already check e.g. this post that shows steps to go to install a palette?

Sgilk
Contributor

Hello @AlbertoGiani ,

Are you doing this on a physical or virtual CORE? What versions of ctrlX OS apps and Node-RED are installed?

I just installed this pallet on a physical CORE with 1.20 apps and did not experience this issue.

Hello, i'm doing this on a virtual core, i have ctrlx version 1.20.9 and node red: 1.20.0 + 3.0.2-ctrlx

@AlbertoGiani ,

Please do not make duplicate posts (see Nodered 1.20.0 + 3.0.2-ctrlx, can't install sqlite). I was able to reproduce this with your versions. This is a problem specific to the virtual CORE architecture. In the pallet documentation, native code is compiled on the device during installation and this is where the failure occurs. The npm package sqlite3 is used which looks to only be supported on arm architecture.

Unfortunately, prebuild cannot differentiate between armv6 and armv7, and instead uses arm as the {arch}. Until that is fixed, you will still need to install sqlite3 from source.

As this is a 3rd party node, this is about as much support as I can provide here. It should work fine on an arm device.

Hello and thanks you for your reply, unfortunatly i need to install sqlite on my virtual core because i have really limited access to the physical core and I will be able to use it ony for a couple hours when i have finished to prepare the whole project in virtual. Do you have any idea of any solution? how can i install sqlite from source as you suggested? thanks you

@AlbertoGiani ,

Give this a shot. Article will be released soon.

It worked! you saved me ahhaa thanks you very much for all the help

@AlbertoGiani ,

Sorry, but I don't think this works actually. I could install, but the nodes do not function. I believe it is because the package calls for a native compilation...

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist