Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Datalayer or Profinet/IO-Link interaction - Program loaded Exception

Datalayer or Profinet/IO-Link interaction - Program loaded Exception

Thomas_SF
Established Member

Hello everyone,

I have a ctrlX Drive with built-in ctrlX Core and use ctrlX OS 2.4 as well as ctrlX PLC Engineering version 2.4.1.

I am currently trying to do two things:
1. provide PLC variables to the data layer
2. control via the PLC of two robot grippers which are controlled via IO Link and are integrated via an IO-Link master "ifm-AL1102" via Profinet.

I make the PLC variables available via the symbol configuration.
I have integrated the Profinet and IO Link device using these instructions
The data connection to the grippers works and I can read and write variables via the editor window in PLC engineering.

However, when I upload my project to the controller, I always get the message:
"Program loaded - EXEPTION"
Logs: "*#EXCEPTION* [License invalid] in application [Application]* - Application app=Application has invalid license metrics!" from the component "CmpApp".

I have tried to identify the cause. As soon as I activate a variable in the symbol configuration, I get just such an exception. Even if I have configured real-time variables for the datalayer.
A similar error occurs when I use a mapped IO-Link variable in a program that is active in the task configuration.For IO Link I get an additional error message:
Logs: "Demo mode for IO-Link started. Will expire and stop!
License for IO-Link not installed."
but also "Program loaded - EXEPTION" even if no variables are configured for the datalayer.

I have activated the following licenses:
ctrlX OS License - PLC Standard (02VRS+ / add-on)
ctrlX OS License - PLC Basic Version Upgrade (02VRS)
ctrlX OS License - CODESYS - Communication IEC61784 Family 3 Controller (add-on)

Am I missing any additional "in-app" licenses or is the problem somewhere else?

I also found the following documentation which suggests that there are apparently additional licenses for the Datalayer interaction (table Available ctrlX in-app licenses):
https://docs.automation.boschrexroth.com/doc/2528562726/licenses-overview/latest/en/

I would appreciate any helpful input.
Thanks

Regards
Thomas

4 REPLIES 4

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

On the CODESYS home page it indicates that you need a special package and license for IO-Link usage: https://store.codesys.com/en/codesys-io-link-sl.html 

This license currently cannot be purchased via Rexroth. I will get check internally what is the state for this. But for now you would have to order it directly from the supplier. 

You do not need the data layer access licenses. These are already outdated. We will update the documentation.

all right thanks that explains my IO Link error then I will get in touch with codesys.

Only the problem with the data layer I do not understand if it is not caused by a missing license why does the symbol and reatltime data configuration lead to an exception error.

StefanH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We already have the request to add the CODESYS IO-Link license to the ctrlX Store according to the PLC Add-ons, we offer right now. We will do this within the next releases of ctrlX AUTOMATION.

Thomas_SF
Established Member

Found a solution for the problem with the symbol and datalayer-realtime configuration, it seems to be a known bug that you can work around if you reset the control via "online->reset origin" before uploading the project.

Source:
https://developer.community.boschrexroth.com/t5/ctrlX-PLC/Exception-License-invalid/m-p/83021/highli...

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist