Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Drive Connect App - Transfer file from client to DCA

Drive Connect App - Transfer file from client to DCA

sanX
New Contributor

Hi all,

I am trying to load a parameter file into the Drive Connect App, but without success. As stated in the DCA documentation, it is first required to transfer a file from client to DCA. For that it is necessary to "put the contents of the file to the node ‘/devices/drives/drive_SNo/fileManagement/fileTransfer’". I am trying to do this with a PUT command in Postman as shown below, but it stays with the message "Sending request"

Sending request message when trying to transfer a file

The Bearer Token, Drive number and hostname are correct as for the Start of the parameter load I receive the message:

Possible load parameters message

On the other hand, I have also tried to directly upload a .par or .fsb file, but it does not work either.

I hope anyone knows how the file or the content can be uploaded in the Data Layer. Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Nicolas

4 REPLIES 4

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

At the moment this is a hidden interface. Publishing with full functionality is planned for release end of July in version 1.22

I am in contact with our R&D to give you a example.

As this is an unpublished prototype function there are still bugs for your usecase. These are addressed for the next release version 1.20 coming up end of March. I added a file that included JSON string should work fine as soon as function is finished. I will test it in the next weeks.

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

@CodeShepherd, will the released version of this where it is fully supported still be accessed in the same way? Would code devleoped to save/restore the parameters with VRS1.20 still work in VRS1.22? Will there be functions on the PLC to make this easier than read/write to datalayer?

As this feature is still not released the interface can still change at any time. Currently we are still working on the implementation and doing tests afterwards.

Version 1.22 will not get release but be will create a new major version 2.02 for the whole system based on ubuntu core22. See "Release cycle of Apps and engineering software". As far as I know there are no special PLC function blocks planned but I will take this requirement and discuss with our R&D.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist