The ctrlX WORKS Engineering contains a number of engineering tools for the configuration and programming of ctrlX AUTOMATION. During installation, you can either update an existing installation or perform a new installation. A parallel installation of several ctrlX WORKS engineering tools is also possible. ctrlX WORKS runs on a PC where a Windows 10 64-bit operating system is required.
Currently, no special licenses are required. Further information on the license conditions can be found in the documentation, chapter "ctrlX WORKS - Licensing notes".
ctrlX WORKS includes the following Engineering Tools
ctrlX WORKS - Device Management
The table Devices lists all ctrlX CORE and projected ctrlX COREvirtual controls that are available and pinned in the network. The automatic device detection in the network detects devices from the same subnet. This includes an automatic configuration of the network interface of the device. Common standards such as DHCP, UPNP or mDNS allow the device detection in the network without a required user configuration.
To test functions and configurations without control hardware on a PC, ctrlX WORKS provides the ctrlX COREvirtual. It emulates the ctrlX CORE control in a Linux environment on a Windows PC. Note the following system requirements when using the ctrlX COREvirtual:
- Windows 10 64 Bit
- 8 GB RAM
- Processor: Intel with support of the virtualization technology (Intel VT)
ctrlX PLC Engineering
The ctrlX PLC Engineering is a programming environment for creating software applications according to the IEC 61131-3 standard. The development environment provides a variety of convenient engineering functions for development work, such as:
- Editors for FBD, LAD, STL, ST, AS, in addition the variants CFC and extended CFC
- Support of object-oriented programming
- Comprehensive project comparison, also for graphic editors
- Library concept for easy reuse of application code
- Debugging and online properties for optimizing the application code and for accelerating testing and commissioning
- Security properties to protect the source code and the operation of the controller
- and much more...
ctrlX IO Engineering
The ctrlX IO Engineering is an application program for configuring the EtherCAT fieldbus with the connected fieldbus devices. The configuration is independent of the PLC programming environment and enables maximum flexibility in the selection of programming tools.
ctrlX DRIVE Engineering
With graphical dialogues and guided commissioning wizards, ctrlX DRIVE Engineering guarantees quick and easy commissioning of the ctrlX DRIVE servo drives. Numerous diagnostic functions support drive optimization for optimal application results. Selected functions are:
- Step by Step Commissioning
- Simplified Initial Commissioning
- Error/Diagnostic Memory
- Frequency Response Analysis
- and much more...
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.