cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sinusoidal motion sequence with HSC01 and LabVIEW interface (EAL)

Sinusoidal motion sequence with HSC01 and LabVIEW interface (EAL)

PtU
New Poster

Hello everyone,
In the 17 November episode of your podcast "Industry rethought - a tech podcast from Bosch Rexroth", your guest from TU Dresden explained that it is possible to specify flexible motion profiles directly in the drive.
So my question would be, is it possible to control a sinusoidal motion profile, as is usual for typical mechanical presses, directly via LabVIEW and the EAL interface to an HSC01 drive?
We have a small model press with spindle kinematics and currently control the ram via absolute position commands. Since LabVIEW is not deterministic and the TCP/IP connection is too slow, it makes no sense to generate the movement profile with several absolute position commands. So would this work directly in the drive?

I have also noticed that only EAL version 2.0.0.10 is supported for LabVIEW 2020 (32bit) in the LabVIEW Package Manager. Only when using LabVIEW 2021 (64bit) and a ctrlx drive can I use the latest version 2.4.0.1 version. The Labview Package Manager does not offer the latest version, nor can it be installed manually.
Are the new EAL versions not backward compatible? Since there were some bugfixes between the two versions, I would of course like to use the latest version of the EAL with LabVIEW 2020 (32bit).

Many thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Moved to corresponding sub forum IndraWorks, IndraControl for MLC/MTX, IndraDrive as you main topic is about IndraDrive HCS01.

RexCode
Long-established Member

Hello,

Our operating mode "motion profile" supports different profiles like 5th order polynom etc.

An overview of all available profiles you can find in our firmware documentation  on page 917.

Best regards.

Drives_Uwe
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

You may use the device-integrated command value generator to initiate a true sinusoidal movement, like e.g.
Sinusoidal_movement.png

Gruffi
Long-established Member

Last version of EAL (SDK) is the version 2.4, this works with LabView 2021 onwards.

Gruffi_0-1701779982004.png

Gruffi_1-1701780083576.png

Thank you very much for the quick response. 

The proposed solution for the motion profile, especially the curve table; page 923, seems to be exactly the solution I was looking for.

Unfortunately, I have noticed that with my company hardware: FWA-INDRV*-MPB20V32-D5-1-NNN-NN I do not have the function package SNC (Synchronisation) which is required for the synchronisation mode including MotionProfile. 

Are there any experiences from other customers who have switched between operating modes using a LabVIEW EAL interface? The standard operating mode for LabVIEW is (Antriebsfeührtes Positionieren (über Achsregelsteuerwort S-0-0520) 

Best regards

PtU 

RexCode
Long-established Member

There are some functions availabe to activate operating modes on drive side.

i.e. MoveVelocity to activate velocity control on drive side.

For your case we have a eal4c function called ealMotionMovementSetOperationModeIndex(). With this function it is possible to activate any operating mode on drive side. So you can i.e. parametrize "motion profile" as "second. op mode 7" in your drive and then activate op mode no. 7 with the mentioned function.

Best regards,

RexCode

Hi were you able to implement the sinusoidal movement?

I'm Facing the same chalenge.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist