Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

HCS03 error F8359

HCS03 error F8359

innoniw
Established Member

Hi to all,

suddenly after some months that the machine is working correctly, few times per day the drive has the error F8359. In the drive there is active the profisafe with STO. The error doesn't reset if you don't switch off and on the drive. Are there any parameters that i can check or modify?

many thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

stefanAT_ctrlX
New Contributor

You can switch to details. Maybe xou can add here the Erro-Detail:

st_ctrlX_user_0-1668094521796.png

Hi,

please look at the picture of the trace, the problem depends from the internal drive encoder counter.

Waiting a Bosch feedback, many thanks.

You can find the the description of the error F2036 in the help of IndraWorks. You have this installed ?  If not please use/download IndraWorks Ds WITH help. I could copy the text in here (English or German ?). It depends sometimes on the firmware you are using in the drive.  You are using a second encoder ? The error says that differences were detected between encoder 1 and 2.  Maybe the encoder cable(s) are not good.

You could also call the Rexroth service close to your site.  Or you save "ALL Parameters "of the drive and upload it here. Then we see some error details.

Hi,

look at the video, when SMO encoder reach the maximum travel range (see picture), the drive goes in error. This is sistematic, the machine works for one hour and a half and when the SMO encoder goes in overflow , i have the error... No cable or motor is the problem, we have replace them at the beginning of the problem, then after some weeks of investigation we have discover that the SMO encoder generate the F8359. 

Many thanks for your help.

Hello,

as I still haven't got here your parameter file I couldn't see your adjustments. But thanks for the screenshot (and movie). Whatever the maximum travel range has to be higher then the real travel range your axis is moving. I mean if the axis moves max. 620 mm then the max.travel limit S-278 should be higher e.g. 650 mm.

Hi,

file with extension .par is not possible to drag and drop. Give me instructions how to send to you the file.

My machine is a rollforming, is not an axis with limitated movement like you write. When the coil material end, the customer weld another new coil. Before to reach the machimum travel range i preset the encoder 1 and 2 position to 0 and this works correctly, but the SMO encoder isn't reset from the drive, the counter increment until it reach the maximum travel range and this generate the error. 

If you look at the video, encoder 1 and encoder 2 are far from maximum travel range:

Maximum travel range = 210.000

Encoder 1 = 103.xxx

Encoder 2 = 87.xxx

SMO encoder = 209.9xx

This mean that i have already done a preset to 0.0 for the encoder 1 and 2 but SMO encoder is not influenced from my preset. 

How is manage the overflow internal counter of the drive when the safety is enable? why when SMO reach the maximum travel range i have F8359?

If i disable the safety my problem is solved but for safety reason is not possible to disable.

Many thanks i hope in your help.

Regarding Par-File: Please zip and try to upload the zip here.

If the axis is a roll without limits then you use modulo format instead absolute, or ?

Hi,

here the parameter file, i am not using absolute but relative encoder.

At the moment i can't change in modulo format, anyway why F8359?  

Thank you for the Par.File. The SMO-Encoder value does not change to 0 when you set Encoder 1 to 0. That's normal. The SMO-encoder value is just set to 0 when it is initialized (I thin just when switch to OM or after booting).

If I understand you always set the encoders to 0 after the specific length so that you get no overflow. -> For such applications you should use the modulo format !!!  (in my opinion) !!!  

You could ask your next service or application technicians !

Hi,

when this error happens, also local service speack about cable problem or motor problem or electrical anomalies. So we replace motor and cable. But as you can see from the video, F8359 depends from the SMO counter management. Also you write at the beginning about cable problem in according with the guideline. However in my opinion, behind F8359, there are other problems that only Bosch can investigate.

Many thanks for your answers, you are very kind. We will try the module format but......

innoniw
Established Member

Hi Bosch comunity,

we changed the maximum travel range from 210.000 to 90.000. We modified only this parameter, not activated the module format.

Please look at the new video where the SMO encoder count management didn't generate the error.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist