Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Configuring S20 Modules through PDI Write Tunnel with ctrlX I/O Engineering

Configuring S20 Modules through PDI Write Tunnel with ctrlX I/O Engineering

rexxon
Established Member

Hey everybody,

I am using a S20 bus coupler with the coreX and currently trying to configure the measuring / output range for my AIAO modules. After digging through the manuals, I found out, that the parameter tables can be written with the PDI Write Tunnel the ctrlX I/O Engineering over CoE. The "Write" Tunnel consists of a array of 250 bytes, which are currently all set to 0x00:

plasmotion_0-1647851505336.png

Does anyone know, how to configure the modules properly? Is there any kind of generator for this config string, or how is this done in the real world? I can not image, that I have to count and edit this bytes by hand and hope to send the correct information to the module.

Many thanks in advance!! Cherrio!

3 REPLIES 3

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

In the ctrlX IO engineering you have to use this given byte array for the configuration. You can write it via a acyclic channel, like you mentioned, or use the startup parameters to let the master configure your slaves while switching from Pre-OP to OP. How to set these byte arrays up the datasheets of the corresponding IO module.

startup parameter in ctrlX IO Engineeringstartup parameter in ctrlX IO Engineering

In the PLC there is an own library for such IO modules:

CXA_20 in library managerCXA_20 in library manager

rexxon
Established Member

Hey,

many thanks for your reply in this seemingly complex topic. I found both dialogs you are referring to, but is there any straight forward approach to configure the channels in I/O manager? Do I really have to configure the whole byte array, or is it possible to access only the relevant indexes and subindexes?

Personally I do not have a license for PLC, because I was stoked by the idea of using a PLC-like system while programming in python without fiddeling around with codesys.

cheerio

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I am afraid that I do not know a easier way for the configuration. See here an example from a colleague of mine:

S20 configuration in startup parameterS20 configuration in startup parameter

The easiest thing to do would be to use fixed set up IO modules like the coming up ctrlX IOs.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist