Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Unix Domain Socket for Rexroth REST APIs

Unix Domain Socket for Rexroth REST APIs

WolfgangDannert
Established Member

Hello,

the SDK V1.8 lists the existing REST APIs of the ctrlX Rexroth apps in the folder "public/api". Is a Unix domain socket available for all these rest API calls via a slot/plug?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

JohannesA
Established Member

Hi WolfgangDannert,

the docu within the SDK is only to view the API's.

But you can also use the REST API's directly on the control. Click on API Reference on the landingpage of your control (righthand side).

You can see it in the screenshot in the attachement.

Kind Regards

Johannes

Hi JohannesA,

Thank you for your answer.

That doesn’t quite answer my question.
Is there a UNIX domain socket for all REST APIs available, which listed under API references?

I want to access the REST APIs from my own service on the ctrlX. A UNIX domain socket is well suited for this, as it can be used without user authentication.

Best regards

Wolfgang Dannert

Hi WolfgangDannert,

currently we do not provide a unix socket that is completely open, since it can bypass our user management.

For your use cases we do have a Service-2-Serice-Authentication that is currently only available for signed rexroth apps but will be available with version 01.12 (est. November 2021) for all third-party developers.

Best regards

Jochen Scheib

Hello jochen-scheib,

Thanks for the answer.

A unix domain socket is currently available for the ctlrX License Manager in version V1.8. This is used because there is no user credentials (password and username) available at the startup process of the app. If other ctrlX services must be accessed during startup, how can access be done (until 01.12)?

Will the unix domain socket be available until 01.12? What is the procedure with Service-2-Service Authentication?

When an own app is officially released in July, can the Service-2-Service-Authentication already be used? Is there any documentation or examples?

Best regards

Wolfgang Dannert

Hello WolfgangDannert,

until 1.12 we have only a solution for ctrlX WORLD partners. In case you require this feature for 1.8 or 1.10 and you are ctrlX WORLD partner, please ask your support contact for further information regarding service-2-service authentication.

Thanks.

Hello jochen-scheib,

Thanks for the answer.

Thanks and best regards

WolfgangDannert

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist