Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

IDE app install failure

IDE app install failure

RGrieger
New Poster

I am trying to add the IDE app to my CORE so I can learn Blockly.  I have been running versions 21.03.2 and 1.8.3.  My CORE was controlling my Cs drive via PLC code for the past week.  I have stopped the PLC app.  I wanted to try to control the drive with Blockly so I am trying to install "IDE IDE-V-0108.0.arm.app" I downloaded the app on 5/19/2021 from the ctrlX collaboation site.  I am in service mode when I try to install the app and I always get a fault that reads "Upload failed! Assertion file missingin app bundle for architecture arm64 One of the provided arguments is invalid"(picture attached).  I have the python runtime succesfully installed already.  My hardware is R911406308 AB1.  Please offer me any suggestions you may have to eliminate this install fault.

7 REPLIES 7

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I would suggest that there was an error while downloading. Did you already try to redownload the file?

Please be aware, that a the moment there are two versions of the IDE App. One .arm.app working for a real ctrlX CORE and another .amd.app for a ctrlX COREvirtual.

I will check the file on the server.

I have tried a second download with the same install failure. 

I am using the arm version because I have ctrlX CORE hardware.

Sorry for the late reply.

Please send me a private message with contact data from your side so we can have a look in a meeting to this topic.

Hello RGrieger

There seems to be a problem with the big size of the IDE App. Can you update the Automation Core to version 1.8.2 and try again to install the IDE App.

Regards

Jochen

Any news on this or can the topic be closed?

Hi Jochen Mueller,

I have the same trouble but with EtherCat App V1.10, it is strange because I was working normally with Virtual CtrlX and CtrlX CORE (not at the same time) but suddenly I cannot work anymore with Virtual CtrlX and EtherCat App V1.10 because this error, I don't know what happen, could you help me?

Jochen_Mueller
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello Jacks

I dont think that you have done this at previous versions, because at all versions it wasn't possible to install the Ethercat.app at the virtual control. Currently the Etercat app needs a real hardware.

The requirement is already in the development department, but not priorized yet.

Regards

Jochen

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist