Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Access PLC Variables on Datalayer with TIGER / IDE

Access PLC Variables on Datalayer with TIGER / IDE

Luschuerz
Long-established Member

I am trying to read/write a global variable of a PLC program which is published on the datalayer. My program does not seem to be able to access the variable written on the datalayer. Is there some examples of writing/reading to Datalayer I can access? Or a How to for it? (I cannot find any myself)

Luschuerz_1-1644402054147.png

Or is it an issue of not being able to read/write booleans?

Edit: I have managed to narrow down the issue a bit, reading anything from the datalayer seems to work just fine. However writing to the datalayer seems to still be an issue, no matter what type of variable I try to write. Even directly writing what is being read does not seem to work, and keeps sending the DL_Type_Mismatch error.

Luschuerz_0-1644415054708.png

uiState is a UInt16. does that cause an issue?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

nickH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello,

Yes there is a How to Use Graphical Programming in the developR series on YouTube. It's about a simple Pick and Place application. 

There our expert does a digital write to a PLC Variable in the Data Layer. 

Maybe this example can help you. 

Best regards, 

Nick

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

There are different possibilities how to read an write variables:

1. You can use the Data Layer base functions:
    IDE visual read/writeIDE visual read/write
    Note at the moment there ar problems with the standard write path. We are investigating this.

2. You can use the IPC extension for PLC variables:
    IPC extension read/writeIPC extension read/write

See our online documentation for further information.

IDE App, Integrated Development Environment, Application Manual  --> Visual Coding  -->  Project settings  -->  Extension configuration and initialization  -->  IPC (Inter Process Communication) extension

Luschuerz
Long-established Member

Thank you.

I managed to write Booleans, and work around in that manner. However Integers still did not work. I will try with the IPC workaround or writing it directly as a JSON instead of the integer.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist