cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Copy and Paste Crashes Safety Engineering

Project Copy and Paste Crashes Safety Engineering

jbiewend
New Poster

Using a large project that contains 8 safeX communicating over SMMC, when a project is copy and pasted in safety engineering 1.8.3 the software crashes. I'm able to copy over a blank project, but with the full project (20+ I/O per project, ethercat data transfer, fastChannel) Safety Engineering crashes. The exception report generated is attached.

After the software crashed, I was able to open a recovery file. I found a section that was deleted during the copy and paste, so I thought that might be the issue. I removed those items and tried a new copy and paste. This second copy and paste also failed, but with very different issues in the recovery file. My theory is there's a memory issue and when that memory runs out, the next item being pasted is what gets messed up crashing the software. By deleting the initial items, I moved the problem to the next thing being pasted.

jbiewend_0-1727289358737.png

1 REPLY 1

benstokess
New Visitor

@jbiewendnjmcdirect wrote:

Using a large project that contains 8 safeX communicating over SMMC, when a project is copy and pasted in safety engineering 1.8.3 the software crashes. I'm able to copy over a blank project, but with the full project (20+ I/O per project, ethercat data transfer, fastChannel) Safety Engineering crashes. The exception report generated is attached.

After the software crashed, I was able to open a recovery file. I found a section that was deleted during the copy and paste, so I thought that might be the issue. I removed those items and tried a new copy and paste. This second copy and paste also failed, but with very different issues in the recovery file. My theory is there's a memory issue and when that memory runs out, the next item being pasted is what gets messed up crashing the software. By deleting the initial items, I moved the problem to the next thing being pasted.

jbiewend_0-1727289358737.png

I think you're experiencing a complex issue with the Safety Engineering software. Have you considered checking the software's memory usage during the copy and paste process? It could help confirm if memory constraints are contributing to the crashes.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist