cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Output types of Cx15 Safety (PN /PP / Pulses?)

Output types of Cx15 Safety (PN /PP / Pulses?)

LuisCtrL
Established Member

Hello colleagues,

I have doubts about the types of outputs the Safety PLC Cx15 has.
For example , to generate STO for the drives , how should I configure the PLC Outputs ?

And another question , in case I want to generate double channel OSSD Outputs (for external devices) , how should I condigure the PLC Outputs?

I don't understand the PP/PN difference of swithcing and the pulses.

LuisCtrL_0-1667465635669.png

In case someone can help me to understand the topic I would appreciate.

Thanks for your time!

1 REPLY 1

AllAutomation
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello LuisCtrl,

you speak about SAFEX-C.15? Please use the correct names, to be sure you get the right answer!

For example , to generate STO for the drives , how should I configure the PLC Outputs ?

• It depends on the drives you use. If an IndraDrive or a ctrlX DRIVE expects test pulses you apply OSSD to the 0.5 A outputs. See below for OSSD. BTW: OSSD means that cross circuit check is done by the output.
  • If a drive wants his own test pulses applied to his inputs, you may use the relay outputs and bring the test pulses of the drive back to the drive's STO inputs.
  • Test pulses are provided by the SAFEX-C.1x for input signals that are provided from passive elements, where the 24V source is provided from SAFEX-C.1x. Cross circuit check is done on the input side, where test pulse patterns are compared to the given Pulse 1 or Pulse 2.

And another question , in case I want to generate double channel OSSD Outputs (for external devices) , how should I condigure the PLC Outputs?

• OSSD is managed by the SIL-setting in the SAFEX-C.1x controller properties: SIL3 ==> all 0.5 A outputs are OSSD outputs, SIL2 ==> select OSSD or not inside the outputs individial properties.

I don't understand the PP/PN difference of swithcing and the pulses.

• PP- or P-Switching means that you are providing 24V for your actuator pole 1 and the pole 2 is connected to common GND. This is a single channel. You need to do the same for the second channel.
  • PN means you are connecting the P of your output pair to pole 1 and the N to pole 2 of your actuator. In this case you have already a two-channel control, since you are switchting both poles. The PN capable outputs come with 2.0A and you can connect e.g. a door lock.

HTH

Your ctrlX SAFETY team

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist