Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Error adding Safex C15 to ctrlX Core

Error adding Safex C15 to ctrlX Core

Polygon
Established Member

Following errors appear when adding Safex C15 to device tree in I/O engineering. Safex will appear to Core, but it is in error state with status "0x001E: Invalid Input Configuration". 

Polygon_0-1653980774746.png

Polygon_1-1653980815799.png

13 REPLIES 13

Polygon
Established Member

Safety engineering gives following error when connecting to the Safex:

"Main: System konnte Status ,,init" nicht korrekt verlassen"

Polygon_0-1653996593802.png

AllAutomation
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello Polygon!

thanks for your question!

The meaning of invalid input configuration typically is a mismatch

• between the SAFEX-C.1x slot configuration of FSoE Master connections (0...32) or FSoE Slave connection (0...1) in the EtherCAT Master configuration and
  • the related configuration of Slaves (needing an FSoE-Master connection) or the Slave configuration flag

Scheurer_F_0-1654108975627.png

Above you see the default case with no external FSoE-Slaves and FSoE-Slave functionality of the SAFEX-C.15 not activated. As a consequence none of the FSoE-Master slots or the FSoE-Slave slot in the ctrlX CORE or other EtherCAT-Masters configuration shall be populated:

Scheurer_F_1-1654109376518.png

If you do not see such a mismatch, then it can be just a mix-up due to some changes in the EtherCAT-Network around the last start. Sometimes I saw that the SAFEX-C.1x device sends such an error and it just needs a POR (power on reset) and works as expected afterwards.

Hello Polygon!

If the SAFEX-C.1x does not leave the INIT status, then most probably the U_P (periphery, supply of I/O circuitry, outputs, ...) voltage power supply is not there or not properly connected. Please check that all power supply pins on XG31, XG32 and XG33 are connected in a star topology to the power source. Please follow the instructions in the installation manual and do not use DUO ferrules but connect every power input U_P and U_L separately to the power source.

Scheurer_F, you had partially solved my problem. Power supply pins on the XG31 and XG33 were not connected and after I wired them up the Safex was able to switch on RUN state.

Unfortunately I'm still having the same error message in ctrlX Core.

With I/O engineering I have problems to add "Master-to-Master Communication" and "Functional Inputs/Outputs" modules under the Safex_C15 (see picture). Also there is a lot of devices which are not found in the database. 

I have no FSoE slaves connected and "FSOE slaves" property is set to False in Safety Engineering.

Polygon_0-1654244040176.png

Hello Polygon,

a) please post the SystemInfo content to get the Firmware version you are running. One problem could be that your ESI File set (basic file + modules extension) is not correct.

What ctrlX CORE Version and ctrlX WORKS version are you running. We had a problem some time with early 1.12 versions that did not recognize the multi-built-in-slot type of devices (like SAFEX-C and IO-Link-Masters).

b) The other alternative I'd recommend is to build the EtherCAT configuration offline, instead of scanning and transfering it from right to left.

What language do you speak natively? Maybe I can pass your case over to an application colleague in your country.

Best regards

the ctrlX SAFETY team

AllAutomation
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Polygon,

BTW: How did you manage the "0x001E: Invalid Input Configuration"?

Or have you been falling back to a point before that, since you have no valid EtherCAT configuration to start the bus with?

Best regards

the ctrlX SAFETY team

Hello Polygon,

is there any of your questions still open?

If our answers helped you, please mark them as "solution". This helps other users.

Best regards

Your ctrlX SAFETY team

I haven't found solution for error message "0x001E: Invalid Input Configuration".  Building the EtherCat configuration offline gives me exact the same error messages. 

I redirected this issue to my Bosch Rexroth supplier and they will help me to solve this out. 

Hi Polygon,

We're terribly sorry for that inconvenience and that blocker in your engineering journey.

If consistent as you report it, "0x001E: Invalid Input Configuration" is clearly the reaction to a mismatch between

• the configuration inside your SAFEX-C (see my earlier post: Either FSoE-Master connections are defined or the FSoE-Slave function is selected)
  • the EtherCAT configuration created in ctrlX I/O Engineering.

Can you please attach here

• the ctrlX SAFETY Engineering configuration file (*.spl2) and
  • the ctrlX I/O Engineering and PLC Engineering project files (*.project)

[Please remove all data from attachments that you do not want to discover to the public!]

If this does not help then please follow the "Contact" link and get in touch with a technical support person in your region.

Best regards

Your ctrlX SAFETY team

I updated my Works version from 1.12 to 1.14 and atleast offline configuration in I/O Engineering seems to work now and there is no error messages caused by missing device interfaces. 

Hello Polygon,

the first 1.12 version had a problem with fixed-sloted devices like IO-Link-Masters or the SAFEX-C.1x. This is what I posted at 2022-06-04 11:29 PM.

Is now all done or anything, where you need assistance?

If all is OK, could you please mark the answers that helped do solve your issue/s with "solution".

Best regards

Your ctrlX SAFETY team

btw, is there any documentation for ctrlX Safety? 

Hello Polygon, of course there is ...

Go to the Mediadirectory and filter for "SAFEX" or just take the direct link. Soon there will be more.

Lot of success! In case of questions, let us know!

The ctrlX SAFETY team

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist