Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Missing Compile information

Missing Compile information

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

I was working on a project. I synchronzied the project and then continued to work offline. When I tried to login again I got the following error message:

aFouraker_0-1638387309017.png

I was able to open another instance of the PLC software, upload the application from the controller and immediately go online. What am I missing to allow me to develop remotely and then login at a later time? 

6 REPLIES 6

PLC2030
Long-established Member

The message box is not an error message, but a hint to resolve this situation. Because you have modified your application offline, your application in PLC Engineering does not match to the running PLC application on the ctrlX CORE anymore. Therefore you have two options:

1. Replace the running application or
  2. Abort the login process.

The message box offers both options.
Do you have a proposal how to modify the message box?

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

But if the application is on the control and I am able to upload it and immediately go online (meaning the compile is also uploaded) then why do I need to download in order to make a change? Surely there is a way to upload the application and compile information so that I can go online with my modifcations and not require a download.  

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

Am I misunderstanding something about this? 

When you do changes to a project on your PC you will always have to load them to the control. The need of a download or you can do an online change is depending on the changes that were done.

If you use an PC without any project on it, the project of the control will be loaded to it. So PC and ctrlX CORE projects are the same and direct login is possible.

"Download" in this case means from your PC, where the changes were made to the control, where the unchanged project is still available.

I hope I could clear your confusion.

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

How do I know when the threshold is met where online change is no longer possible? 

Please have a look to the documentation for further information:

CodeShepherd_0-1639407461059.png

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist