Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Changes in CXA_COMMONTYPES and CXA_UTILITIES in V1.8.0

Changes in CXA_COMMONTYPES and CXA_UTILITIES in V1.8.0

WolfgangDannert
Established Member

Hello,

I have updated ctrlX Works from V1.6 to V1.8. 

I use the CXA_COMMONTYPES and CXA_UTILITIES librarys. When I use the latest version, I get a view building errors. With the V1.2.1 I got no errors.

What has changed in the two librays?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Couter question 😉 : What does your compiler say?

I already updated some projects and it was quite smoothly. There are more differences in the motion and motion interface for example.

cc2go
Occasional Contributor

Are all libraries on the latest version?
Can you post/share an example of your compile errors and a screenshot of your library manager, where we can see the lib version?

Hi,

Here is a screenshot of the error messages.
If I use CXA_Utilities V1.2.1.0 and CXA_COMMONTYPES V1.2.1.0, no error messages are displayed. If I use the CXA_Utilities V1.8.1.0 and CXA_COMMONTYPES V1.8.0.0 the build does not run correctly.

Tanks for your replies

cc2go
Occasional Contributor

This errors are related to changes in the CXA_COMMONTYPES, the mentioned types are defined in the CXAC_BASE, please check if CXA_BASE you can find in the library manager.

If the CXA_BASE is available, check if any lib is blue underlined, than still some conflict is there. May because any library references the CXA_COMMONTYPES instead of the CXA_BASE. Does you changed any placeholder manually (can see this with a exclamation mark in library manager)?

Which other libraries are you using? Is it possible that you share a screenshot of the library manager where we can see the versions?

Hi,

the CXA_BASE library is used and there is no lib blue underlined. I changed no placeholder manually. I add a screenshot of the library manager. Thanks for your support.

cc2go
Occasional Contributor

The issue happened in this case, because the customer developed his own library which use ctrlX libraries.
Is the library version "hardcoded" or explicit referenced in the own developed library, it need to be changed within this library and need to be re-build exactly for this version. It is possibile to do it in this way. But than it might work with one version only.
Better, the suggested way, to use the Placeholders for libraries which are provided by the system like the CXA librariers. System libraries are defined with the placeholders of the device target version. This bring advantages, that easily the device target version or the placeholder can be modified, when a dedicated version is needed. No need of re-build the library. Those CXA libraries bring normally compatiblity and with the latest version, is no need to every time to modify and re-build the own library.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist