Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Motion app hangs in Configuration/Running after booting

Motion app hangs in Configuration/Running after booting

alink
New Contributor

Hello,

without any change in motion app / axes profile since some days motion app is hanging in Configuration/Running. The only way is to set it to running manually. Then everything is working fine till next time of booting (restart, shut off/on).

The only thing which was changed at the ctrlX was adding a SD-card and doing some PLC code changes. But these don't have this effect.

Diagnostic:

diag.JPG

Axes

motion.JPG

I tried to activate trace but it is not possible to set variables to true....wether in setup nor in service mode.

trace.JPG

Installed apps:

apps.JPG

10 REPLIES 10

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Please, like you also mentioned, try to switch on traces, then save your app data (active configuration), set logbook to persistent and reboot control. Afterwards do a system report so we have all information necessary.

Writing Data Layer values are not limited to an operation mode and should be possible at any time.

Trying activating trace but it's not possible. Can't write the parameters.... wether in service, configuration or run mode..

datalayer.JPG

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I already saw your picture above. But it just shows that you have entered (or it was already entered) "false". "Write" and "Discard" buttons stay gray/disabled as long the value in the window above do not change. So just overwrite "false" with "true" and then they will get active.

Ah, sorry, didn't know that it is possible to write / type directly into that field. Yes, after renaming 'false' to 'true' it's poosible to 'write'.

So, now there is a app-data-archive and a diagnostic log. Hopefully that contains the needed information to solve that issue.

As said, after switching to running everything is working fine without any issue whole day long.

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Your configuration seems to be fine and in the logbook only AxisProfile messages are available.

Could you please provide us a screenshot in the error case of the tooltip of the partially operating notification in the top bar? So we can see which parts are OP and which not.

Also an export of all diagnostics after reboot would be better. So we also see what the rest of the system is doing.

OK, I tried to get the information needed. See diagnostic log.

After booting it looks like this:

Overview:

core1.JPG

Axis

Axis_1.JPG

AxisProfile

There is a 'i' icon which means...

Optional variables aren't the reason, isn't it?

AxisProfile_2.JPG

The configuration looks like this:

Don't know what to assign...Things which are needed are assigned.

AxisProfile_3.JPG

Setting Axis in RUN manually it works without any issue till next boot.

That means, with every start up, first to do is connecting with Core to set Motion App / Axis in RUN

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

This issue will be fixed in the next version 1.18 coming up end of November (RM22.11).

Great, thanks for reply.

So, the issue is not 40cm in front of PC.....

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist