Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

How to Start/Stop a IDE script from PLC

How to Start/Stop a IDE script from PLC

Fred74
Established Member

I would like to start and Stop the IDE scritp from the PLC. Which FB from which lib should I use.

MAny thanks for your help

Frédéric

7 REPLIES 7

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

You can use the CXA_PYTHON library:

CodeShepherd_0-1628175138314.png

Or use the REST API of the Data Layer with standart CXA_Datalayer

CodeShepherd_1-1628175387195.png

CodeShepherd_0-1628175590260.png

Fred74
Established Member

What should I copy inside those 2 following inputs :

-Instance Name 

- File Name 

PS : I use your "DevelopR" example

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Here a working example:

VAR
	fbIL_ScriptInstance: IL_ScriptInstance;
	StateInstance: CXA_PYTHON.INSTANCE_STATE;
	bEnableInstance: BOOL;
	bInOperationInstance: BOOL;
	bErrorInstance: BOOL;
	ErrorIDInstance: CXA_PYTHON.ERROR_CODE;
	ErrorIdentInstance: CXA_PYTHON.ERROR_STRUCT;
	strInstanceName: STRING := 'MyTestInstance'; //Name of script instance to be created
	bResetInstance: BOOL;
	bAbortScript: BOOL;

fbIL_StartScriptFile: IL_StartScriptFile;
	bExecuteFile: BOOL;
	bDoneFile: BOOL;
	bActiveFile: BOOL;
	bErrorFile: BOOL;
	ErrorIDFile: CXA_PYTHON.ERROR_CODE;
	ErrorIdentFile: CXA_PYTHON.ERROR_STRUCT;
	strFilePath: STRING(255) := 'activeConfiguration/test.py'; //Path to the file to be executed e.g. root folder of the active configuration
	ParametersFile: ARRAY [0..9] OF STRING;
END_VAR
fbIL_ScriptInstance(
	Enable:= bEnableInstance, 
	InOperation=> bInOperationInstance, 
	Error=> bErrorInstance, 
	ErrorID=> ErrorIDInstance, 
	ErrorIdent=> ErrorIdentInstance, 
	InstanceName:= strInstanceName, 
	ResetInstance:= bResetInstance, 
	AbortScript:= bAbortScript, 
	State=> StateInstance);

fbIL_StartScriptFile(
	Execute:= bExecuteFile, 
	Done=> bDoneFile, 
	Active=> bActiveFile, 
	Error=> bErrorFile, 
	ErrorID=> ErrorIDFile, 
	ErrorIdent=> ErrorIdentFile, 
	InstanceName:= strInstanceName, 
	FileName:= strFilePath, 
	Parameters:= ParametersFile);

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

This is not very clearly explained in the IDE manual (R911410625, Edition 02, image below). When deploying to the target it would appear that the file path is 

/skripts/Bosch/TIGER/application.py when in reality the path that works is /activeConfiguration/scripts/bosch/tiger/application.py

aFouraker_0-1631032748018.png

The path changed during development and is now always the active configuration for all our our apps. This has to be changed in the documentation thanks for mentioning.

ericvergara
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I have been trying to Start the IDE Project in the PLC application but every time I execute the StartScriptFile FB the StateInstance changes to "Error" and the ctrlX Core returns a 081F2001 Error. It seems that the EnableInstance FB creates successfully the instance, as I can see it in the Datalayer but every time I start the script it returns this error,

Attached the pictures,

Does anyone know why is this happening?

Thanks for the help,

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

Check out the link here

Look at C0270302. Looks like maybe there is a script error. 

Script runner could not execute the script

Cause/Remedy 1: Cause: The script interpreter has detected errors in the script. Remedy: Correct your script file.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist