Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

F2037 when homing

F2037 when homing

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

I am using ctrlx VRS1.20.0 and Indradrive CS. I am unable to home over a long distance without getting the F2037 fault. A complete parameter backup is attached. (extension chagned to txt because par would not upload)

19 REPLIES 19

Drives_Uwe
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Looking at the parameters we see the following:

Drives_Uwe_0-1684912738750.png

The drive is still getting the last valid position command with 200,6 mm, but already gets a new position command in the next cycle with 15 mm. This seems like it is the end position after homing but the homing seems not to be really finished. Getting from 200,6 mm to 15 mm in one NC cycle of 2 ms would need a velocity of 5 568 m/min which is out of the limits --> Therefor error F2037 shows up.

Please create an oscilloscope reading in the drive using the signals with time base 2 ms:

- actual position (S-0-0051)
- actual speed (S-0-0040)
- command position from NC (P-0-0047)
- diagnostic message number (S-0-0390)

and trigger on the error F2037 with Pre-Trigger set on 80%.

I reported this issue a while back.  The issue was confirmed and was to be fixed in RM21.11 at least for ctrlX DRIVE.  I did request it to be fixed for IndraDrive too, but don't know what if anything was done for either drive.

I believe the issue is due to the C0600 Command taking over the Position Control and once finished it turns it back over ot the ctrlX CORE.  So the CORE last had the prior Position Command value from before the C0600 Command and when it gets control back after C0600 completes it wants to instantly repopulate the Position Command with the old position hence the big jump which causes the error.

SchneJoe
Established Member

I did some tests with 1.20 and IndraDrive. Drive controlled homing works fine when using MotionInterface SetupMode.
arAxisCtrl_gb[Axis.AxisNo].Admin._OpModeBits.MODE_SETUP
arAxisCtrl_gb[Axis.AxisNo].SetupMode.Home
arAxisCtrl_gb[Axis.AxisNo].SetupMode.HomeRefPos

SetupMode is using ML_AxsHoming internally. So assume it would also work when you use ML_AxsHoming directly.

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor
@Drives_Uwe, I will get a scope

@SchneJoe, the problem is not immediate for me, it usually is over a long distance. I am using axis interface too and still see problem. Could you send me your PLC project so I can see how you implemented it?

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Drives_Uwe, attached is a scope. I changed the extension from .scope to .zip. 

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Drives_Uwe, any thoughts on this scope? 

I had a look to the scope.

You see that right before the C0600 is finished the control is switching the command value (P47) from a value close to the actual position to -260mm. This jump in the commanded position is the reason for the F2037.

If you are able to do an other oszi plot, then please add the status information S135 and P115. Then we have the possibility to get some more drive status information

There is an E4071 also present, that indicates an problem with EtherCAT communication (parameter channel). For further diagnostic the parameterfile is need to get the detail diagnostiv for this warning.

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

@Trumpf_Gunnar, yes, I can get that scope. The E4071 is an open topic linked here. 

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

@Trumpf_Gunnar, scope is attached. (renamed from .scope to .zip)

Thoomas
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

As we have seen, a bug report has already been generated for this.

PS Only visible to internal persons: Bug 672946: F2037 with Homing, ctrlx VRS1.20.0

Rathinavel
Established Member

Hello,

Do we have update on this topic? 

Hello,

we have already created a bug ticket: Bug 695604: F2037 with Homing, ctrlx VRS1.20.0 - Copy

and still waiting for the response of the colleague.

Hello Alex, do you have any update for this topic? Or do you still need remote help from our side? 

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

Hello @Jin, yes, I am still in need of help but have not been able to get time on the machine. I will update the ticket. Hoping to have some time later this week. 

Did you try to use the command ML_AxsSetIpoPosFromActPos (see online documentation) before deactivating C0600? That will use the actual position of the drive and write it into the interpolated position of the motion.

Did some test for other customers yesterday that did following:

1. If Homed then clear-home
  2. If Not-homed then c0600 := 1
  3. If (c0600 =1) and_then (homed=1) then c0600:= 0
  4. If (c0600 =1) and_then (homed=1) then ML_AxsSetIpoPosFromActPos
  5. If command executed and ActPos close to IpoPos then C0600 := 0

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @CodeShepherd but this problem occurs while the homing is active for me. It is a fault during the homing so I am not able to call the function in the meantime because the homing does not complete. 

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

@CodeShepherd, any other recommendations or developements on this topic? 

As we implemented improvements into our ctrlX MOTION and MC_Home function block, please do a test with system patch version 1.20.7. Including ctrlX AUTOMATION - Motion 1.20.11, ctrlX AUTOMATION - PLC 1.20.6 and ctrlX WORKS 1.20.10 and tell us the results. The software should available beginning of next week or send me a private message with your contact data, then I will send it to you.

This issue seems to be resolved with the new PLC / Motion / Works versions. I was not able to recreate the F2037 fault anymore. Please consider this  resolved.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist