cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

IoT Gateway on ctrlX Core?

IoT Gateway on ctrlX Core?

adamfuchs

Is it possible to run the IoT gateway software on the CtrlX core with the same functionality as the PR21?

3 REPLIES 3

araisch

So two weeks are enough time for official answer. I asked the same and it's like:

Is it possible to run the IoT gateway software on the CtrlX core with the same functionality as the PR21?

- No

Is it possible to onboard PR21 to Device Portal, as long as we wait for ctrlX to close the gap?

- No

Is there any other way to get the same (sufficient for 95% of our usecase) functionality on ctrlX?

- No, use Node-Red (a nice tool for quick prototyping), the "hey, almost 5% done"-Opc-Apps and develop everything on your own with the SDK

So basicly BR ditched a working product with low effort for implementation, closing the gap for managed brownfield (and greenfield until development is done) IoT solutions without having something else in their portfolio.

StefanH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Dear adamfuchs, dear araisch,

I apologize for the late response. I will do better and will cover your questions next in an appropriate period.

First of all IoT Gateway software remains in our product portfolio, so we do not ditch the product!

To the original questions, the IoT Gateway software (running on PR21) will not transferred to ctrlX CORE, due to security reasons and issues related to the ecosystem of ctrlX (user management, ...).

The foundation of ctrlX IOT is the Node-RED framework. Besides using the functionality, which is already available via the Node-RED community, we will extend this functionality also with apps from internal and external partners (ctrlX World). 

Dear Stefan, 

thanks for your answer. I've never stated that you ditched the product itself, maybe that was misleading worded by me. It is the managed IoT-Solution for brownfield applications, which I'm missing. CtrlX is not designed to solve that (afaik). IoT-Devices spreaded over the world without any management platform are more or less unmanaged and therefore no viable solution nowadays.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist