Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time limit for storing CORE in stock?

time limit for storing CORE in stock?

AndroidzZ
New Contributor

Hello,

We want to stock a CORE as a backup for a project. Complete with PLC program and licenses. Is there an advised limit to how long the core can sit unused in stock with no power connected and still be used reliably after that?

Best regards

5 REPLIES 5

MauroRiboniMX
Contributor

Hello, 

I have no idea, maybe the clock battery could be a problem.. but i don't see any other. 
I synch with some more expert colleague in this direction

Sophie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello,
if the CORE is on stock, PLC project and licences remain stored on the device.
The battery will wear out slwoly. When the battery is empty, the clock (time) is lost and the certificates are lost.
That means, after a long time on stock: "check the battery, maybee replace it (otherwise the CORE light pipe will be yellow) and set the time again".
The rest PLC, licences, etc... is still there!

It is recommanded to change the battery every three years.

Hi Sophia,

Thanks for the respone. When the battery is depleted and thus the certificates are lost, will replacing the battery fix the lost certificate issue or or should the certificates be re-generated again?

P.S. we are using certificates for communcition with AWS via MQTT in the PLC.

I do not think this is correct. We have multiple cores from the first generation which have the backup battery problem (last 3 month only) The certificates stay, only the clock information is lost. You only lose the certificates when doing a factory reset via the GUI or SDcard

Probably a little bad wording here. Certificates indeed are lost but for sure get invalid because of time/date deviation. 

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist