cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

How to include a ctrlX CORE in a Profibus-DP network?

How to include a ctrlX CORE in a Profibus-DP network?

August20
Established Member

How to include a ctrlX CORE in a Profibus-DP network? Or how to connect Profibus-DP components to an automation system with ctrlX CORE?

5 REPLIES 5

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

At the moment it is not possible to connect the ctrlX CORE as a PROFIBUS-DP slave or to use it as a master. There is also no time scheduling for this. Please get in contact with us directly to check your application and discussing a possible implementation.

PLC2030
Long-established Member

Potentially an EherCat Slave to Profibus Slave Gateway, like https://www.hilscher.com/products/product-groups/gateways/for-the-control-cabinet-ip20/fieldbus-gate... is a solution. Other suppliers offer such gateways also.

It has to be checked wether

• ctrlX CORE EtherCAT master can operate the Gateway
  • whether the Gateway fulfils the functional and pefformance requirements of the application

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

At the moment it is not possible to connect the ctrlX CORE directly as a PROFIBUS-DP slave or to use it as a master. There is also no time scheduling for this. Please get in contact with us directly to check your application and discussing a possible implementation.

lexlee
Established Member

Hi CodeShepherd, may I know if the "...ctrlX CORE as a PROFIBUS-DP slave or to use it as a master..." still do not have time scheduling until today?
I value your feedback, let me know what you think. Thank you.

Sophie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello lexlee,

until know PROFIBUS-DP is not on the ctrlX CORE roadmap.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist