Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Error when trying to use NRT datalayer in automation scheduler example

Error when trying to use NRT datalayer in automation scheduler example

lizette_lamers
New Poster

In the automation.scheduler example from the SDK I tried to add the NRT datalayer client to read an item in the callable execute function. When I create the client I get the error: "* find out which device file has to be used, ERROR: no file /sys/class/uio/uio0/name found" and my client is also giving back that it is not connected.

I already tried everything i could think of in changing the CMakeLists.txt files since I suspect this is some library dependency error. I already added the datalayer plug in the snapcraft.yaml file. I added the datalayer target link libraries and the target include directories in the private/lib/CMakeLists file and added the link directories in the base CMakeLists file. I also tried to install the library .so files for the datalayer in various places but it had no effect.

3 REPLIES 3

JohannesA
Established Member

Hello lizette_lamers 

the error occurs on a virtual control or on a real one?

On virtual you always get these message and it means we do not have a retain area. Cause the retain memory is emulated, but it works.

You don't have any effect during runtime, it means that you cannot store something in the retain area.

If you run on an virtual one maybe you can provide the "snap connections" after you login via ssh?

Thanks

I am working on a virtual CORE. Since monday I have been doing some other things and threw away my virtual CORE on which this occured. I started a new CORE and now I get the same error but as you said this does not affect the runtime since now I can connect to the datalayer and my client is connected. But it is nice to know where that error came from.

Thanks!

redford
Long-established Member

Hello Johannes,

does the error also occur on a virtual control using the latest version 1.6?

How can we provide the "snap connections" after login via ssh?

Thanks!

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist