Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Error during login PLC

Error during login PLC

Sophie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Question from DCAZ.

I am trying to login to the PLC, but I get the below message.

I can access ctrlX Core though through the main Home page.

Sophie_0-1620196196831.png

the CORE is the following device: (FD:21W07)

Sophie_2-1620196313329.png

7 REPLIES 7

Jochen_Mueller
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Here we need more information

• what app version is used at the core? (target at PLC = 1.6.1.0 -> means RM 20.11?)
  • what's the ip4 configuration of
    • the core
    • the pc port
  • what's happend if the plc engineering is opend from the ctrlX WORKS/Engineering Tools, start new project and try to connect to the CORE. Do they get the same error?

Hi Jochen,

Yes, the PLC app is from RM 20.11, it is 1.6.0 istead of 1.6.1, could this be the problem? And from where can I get 1.6.1 PLC app?.

Tamer_0-1620616264408.png

The core IP is 192.168.1.1, and my laptop is 192.168.1.7.

I am already openning the PLC engineering from within the ctrlX core page, and started a new ctrlx core project.

Tamer_1-1620616580781.png

Today, I have got a different message, which is wrong credentials, eventhough I am using the same one I use for logging into my ctrlx core main page.

Tamer_3-1620616794778.png

Jochen_Mueller
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello Tamer

first I have to say I spread some wrong information. The PLC version of the RM 20.11 is 1.6.0 (not 1.6.1). Sorry for this.

next I want to ask, if it is possible to update your system to the RM 21.03. Here are some improvements regarding the communication stuff  beween the PLC engineering and the PLC-app. (But keep in mind there are some HW/SW restrictions to make the update. The information you can find in the Collaboration room) Especially if you have renamed the ctrlX CORE there are some bigger problems solved.

If it is not possible to update the system we can try out some more issues.

• open PLC engineering from ctrlX WORKS, open new project, Insert the IP at the  and try to connect.

Jochen_Mueller_0-1620717807792.png

• create a new (empty) configuration, activate this and try to connect with the PLC enginering.

Hi Jochen,

Thank you for your feedback, I just did update to RM21.03, but now everytime I try to open any APP (PLC, Motion, Ethercat Master), I get an error message:

500 Internal Server Error

The hardware I have is the C sample, so my underanding is there should be no problems running RM21.03. I have also updated the bootloader as per instructions from RM20.11, but with no difference.

I am starting to think it could be something wrong with the hardware or the firmware.

Is there any thing else we can try before I ship it back? maybe load a new firmware image? (I don't have one, nor know exactly the procedure)

Jochen_Mueller
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello Tamer

I assume you did the update like described by the update description.

• At what point you get this error message? (After installing all system apps?, after installing the "DeviceAdmin" app?, ...)
  • What shows the lightpipe of the ctrlX CORE? Is it steady at one color or is it flashing blue, sometimes green, sometimes red?
  • Did you try to empty your browser cache (STR + F5)?

Regards

Jochen

Hi Jochen,

Thank you for reminding me, I checked all the system apps, and some of them were not actually updated, I think I missed to reboot after the failure messages that comes after some apps.

After updating the System apps, I was back to older issue of not being able to login (Invalid user authentication), I checked all the other apps, and I found the Remote Agent app with the old version (1.6), so I uninstalled it completely, and now I can login to the PLC.

I was under the impression that even if some apps are outdated, they should not affect the other apps, this is one of the benefits of having Snaps in the first place, which is all the dependencies of a given app is installed with it.

Jochen_Mueller
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello Tamer

Currently we still working on some basic issues, so we have some  version relations (especially at the system apps).

But to update any app without correlation to other apps this will be our target in the future.

Regards
Jochen

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist