DC-AE_ctrlX-World_Hero_04_1544x548.jpg

Set up and connect Turck TBEC RFID and IOL modules with ctrlX CORE using EtherCAT

ctrlXW-Michael
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

1. Open ctrlX CORE user interface in browser.
    Bosch_ctrlX_01.jpg

2. Add EtherCAT master by clicking [+] in EtherCAT > Configuration.
    Bosch_ctrlX_02.jpg

3. Name it and press ok.
    Bosch_ctrlX_03.jpg

4. Launch the local installed ctrlX I/O Engineering by clicking [ctrlX I/O Engineering]
    Bosch_ctrlX_04.jpg

5. Open a new project with an ctrlX CORE device and add the ESI files of the Turck devices to the device repository.
    Bosch_ctrlX_05.jpg

6. Select the ctrlX CORE device and click right mouse button. Choose [Add Device]
    Bosch_ctrlX_06.jpg

7. Add the EtherCAT Master.
    Bosch_ctrlX_07.jpg

8. Go online and download and activate the field bus configuration.
    Bosch_ctrlX_08.jpg

9. Select the EtherCAT Mater and click right mouse button. Choose [Scan for Devices]
    Bosch_ctrlX_09.jpg

10.  See the list with the connected devices found at the controller.
    Bosch_ctrlX_10.jpg

11.  Select the wanted devices and add them to the project.
    Bosch_ctrlX_11.jpg

12.  The devices are added with the default settings from the ESI file.
    Bosch_ctrlX_12.jpg

13.  To change the configuration, select a module and click right mouse button.
    Choose [Update Device]  or at an empty slot choose [Plug device]
    Select the wanted module.
    Bosch_ctrlX_13.jpg

14.  At some modules you can adjust startup parameters.
    Bosch_ctrlX_14.jpg

15.  At the device you get access to the object dictionary.
    Bosch_ctrlX_15.jpg

16.  You can monitor and control the operational state.
    Bosch_ctrlX_16.jpg
  17.  At the ctrlX CORE user interface you can also monitor and control the EtherCAT

operational state.
    Bosch_ctrlX_17a.jpg

18.  The devices supports EOE. You can configure the IP settings.
    Bosch_ctrlX_17.jpg

19.  If you want to use EOE, then you have to configure it at the EtherCAT master too.
    Bosch_ctrlX_18.jpg

20.  At the ctrlX CORE user Interface > Settings > Connectivity you find the ETH settings and you can adjust the routing settings for EOE matching to your environment.
    Bosch_ctrlX_21.jpg

21.  Since Device Admin 1.12.0, you have to enable IP forwarding on the engineering interface to forward standard Ethernet traffic to the eoe interface.
    ctrlX CORE EtherCAT Settings

22.  If EOE is operational then you can access the TBEC device Webpage.
    (Current only supported by TBEC-IOL device)
    Bosch_ctrlX_22.jpg

23.  At ctrlX Core user interface > Automation, you can see that EtherCAT is ready configured but we still miss a PLC application.
    Bosch_ctrlX_23.jpg

24.  At ctrlX Core user interface > PLC launch the local installed ctrlX PLC Engineering by clicking [ctrlX PLC Engineering]
    Bosch_ctrlX_24.jpg

25.  Open a new project with an ctrlX CORE device and select Realtime_Data.
    Bosch_ctrlX_25.jpg

26.  Enter configure real-time data and select ethercat_master_instances_ethercatmaster
    Bosch_ctrlX_26.jpg

27.  Then you can select the devices. You can select all and add all available data or browse thru the devices and select only a few data points. In the sample we select all data.
    Bosch_ctrlX_28.jpg

28.  At the ctrlX CORE PLC settings it is important to set > alway update variables to Enabled 2.
    Bosch_ctrlX_29.jpg

29.  Go online, download the application, start it and you have access to the data.
    Bosch_ctrlX_30.jpg

30.  At the ctrlX CORE user interface you can also monitor and control the application state.
    Bosch_ctrlX_31.jpg

31.  At ctrlX Core user interface > Automation, you can see now that we have completed the configuration.
    Bosch_ctrlX_32.jpg

ctrlXW-Michael
ctrlXW-Michael
Hi, I'm Michael and I work in the Bosch Rexroth ctrlX World team. We build and orchestrate the ctrlX World Business Ecosystem. Contact me if you want to know more about it or if you would like to be part of it!
Must Read
Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist