Task / Problem
- Camera has only 1 relay output to trigger an alarm/message.
- It is therefore not possible to distinguish between entering field and leaving field.
- Local MQTT broker that transfers the alarms/messages to the physical world.
- Connection of IP cameras from Bosch via MQTT to a ctrlX CORE.
- Transmission of camera events to the application (line crossing, fire, smoke, entering field, leaving field, counter).
- No use of an external MQTT broker.
The following Apps are active on the example ctrlX CORE:
- MQTT Broker
The MQTT Broker is available as a time license. Duration 12 months (costs: approx. 150€ p.a. for 110 connections).
Use Case Truck Parking Chemical Factory
- Trigger Leaving Field is detected by the camera.
- ctrlX CORE controls barrier.
- As soon as the truck reaches its new area (Trigger Entering Field).
- The barrier is closed by ctrlX CORE.
- Further necessary releases can be linked within ctrlX CORE.
Use Case Counting people
- Recording the counts of the individual cameras.
- ctrlX CORE calculates the number of people in the building.
- Access doors are opened or closed depending on the number of persons.
- Information is transferred as a visualisation to the control room.
The following variants are therefore possible:
- MQTT + Node-RED + EtherCAT
- Node-RED switches I/Os directly
- no PLC necessary
- Use of general IoT tools
- MQTT + Node-RED + PLC + EtherCAT
Here, all advantages are now combined. Simple Node-RED application and extensive PLC programming where necessary.
AVIOTEC also reports fire and smoke via MQTT
Tree Topic of the Broker
- Configuration of the MQTT connection in the camera
- Since a secure connection to the broker is required, MQTTS must be used here instead of MQTT.
- The IP address of the ctrlX core must be set as the address.
- The port can be selected, standard ports for MQTT are 1883, 8883, ...
- The broker on the controller also uses the password and user, so these must be entered here.
Node-RED application for a counter value
Settings MQTT Broker and PLC Variable
Examples for Node-RED
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.