SOLVED

WebIQ Trend - no client no data?

WebIQ Trend - no client no data?

LunatiX
New Contributor

My trend show's no data, when no client is connected to the WebIQ server:

LunatiX_0-1675152780722.png

Description

Application was running well. Then I disconnected (shutdown) the HMI-client (PC) @16:25. The ctrlX CORE was running overnight. Today I started the HMI-client @08:15 and reconnected with the WebIQ server. But now I can't see any data inside the trend, while the HMI-client was turned off.

Hardware / Version

I'm using a real ctrlX CORE (1.18) with WebIQ 2.13.0.

7 REPLIES 7

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

Are you really connecting via --ws-host and --ws-port to your ctrlX with WebIQ Designer? 

If you do please provide the logfile from the Runtime Manager at http://{ctrlXIP}:10123

No, I don't have a connection to the CORE with WebIQ Designer.

It's like a datalogger application (WebIQ server on ctrlX CORE) without a permanent HMI-client connection to the server. At a later time I just go to a HMI-client (PC) and open a browser and do a connection to the running WebIQ application. And then I wan't to display the recorded data, while I wasn't connected with my client. I think the recorder saves the data into the sqlite db and I should be able to display this data later. Now it looks like that the client (PC) should have always be connected with the server, but this is not always possible or the case here.

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

OK, can you please confirm all of these points?

1. The URL for your HMI you opened in your browser is http://{ctrlX_IP}:10123/{my-app-name}/
  2. The OPC-UA server you have connected and are recording data from is NOT running on your development system, but either on ctrlX itself or any other system
  3. You verified that the OPC-UA server used to record the data from was running all the time

As recording happens on the server completely independent of any connected device there is no influence on whether any client is connected.

Please also provide the server log file which you can download from the Runtime Manager at http://{ctrlX_IP}:10123/ in the "Settings" area.

Hi

Here the FAQ's:

The URL for your HMI you opened in your browser is http://{ctrlX_IP}:10123/{my-app-name}/

YES. In my case http://192.168.1.1:10123/pruefstand

The OPC-UA server you have connected and are recording data from is NOT running on your development system, but either on ctrlX itself or any other system

YES. The OPC-UA server is running @ctrlX CORE.

You verified that the OPC-UA server used to record the data from was running all the time

I don't have a LAN connection, so I can't test it. But when I reconnect with the CORE again, everything is working fine (OPC-UA, plc, WebIQ -> see picture)

LunatiX_0-1675413415985.png

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

The reason is that WebIQ Server loses the connection to the OPC-UA Server on the ctrlX System:

webiqsk_0-1675415475408.png

Can you please provide a screenshot of the HMI opened in your browser including the address bar etc?

Please also provide the HMI itself - you can also send it via PM.

The problem was solved with the following setting within WebIQ Designer:

• use the localhost as endpoint url = opc.tcp://127.0.0.1:4840

LunatiX_0-1675673389818.png

Thanks to Smart-HMI for the support 💪👍

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

As an explanation: this has nothing to do with WebIQ - when no cable is attached to the ctrlX system the network interface 192.168.1.1 will be disabled, thus the OPC-UA server cannot be reached from that address anymore.

By using the localhost address for recording data from the local OPC-UA server the problem was resolved.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist