Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

SQL Server

SQL Server

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

I am confused about the support that WEbIQ will provide for the SQL database available from WebIQ. The documentation here for the front end and here for the backend implies that these are useable features that we can integrate into applications. However, the forum response here says this is not an option. 

What is the correct answer to this question? Is it supported and if not, does WebIQ intend to remove these features? 

5 REPLIES 5

minuable1

Is there anyone give the answer for it?

webiq-eg
Long-established Member

Hi there,
Please excuse the very late reply on this topic, I would like to give some information on this:
- WebIQ internally uses a SQLite database to store information such as trend data, historical alarms, etc.
- Direct SQL access via the API you specify is possible, but switched off by default via the WebIQ authorization system (Access Control List) to prevent misuse etc. We will mark these API functions as deprecated in the future.
- However, indirect access to the WebIQ server data, e.g. via the Recorder Manager, Recipe Manager or Alarm Manager, is possible at any time.

I will prepare an example, e.g. to transfer the trend data from the WebIQ server to an external SQL server, maybe that will help you understand. I will post here if it es ready.
Many greetings
webiq eg

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

I have an application that is using the Web IQ server based on the documetation that is available. It is possible to retain those features moving forward? From my perspective an integrated database is a powerful saling point of WebIQ. 

webiq-eg
Long-established Member

I see it that way too, but a database query via SQL command is a major security gap. You can use the database and access it, but via the ready-made SQL commands (prepared statements) or via the manager (trend manager, recipe manager, etc.).
If you can give me a specific use case, I might be able to give you a better example.

Many greetings
webiq eg

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

@webiq-eg, I will send you a direct message. We have used some of these utilites so I am hoping you can give me some guidance. 

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist