Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Updating customer dependent configuration files in snap

Updating customer dependent configuration files in snap

Lauri
Established Member

Hi.

Is it possible to update json-type configuration files inside snap somehow or does all configuration data have to go through datalayer?  

There is multiple JSON files that are customer dependent and needs to be updated. Also there is multiple binary format fcf files inside snap that is updated with end customers needs. How should this be done?

4 REPLIES 4

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Where are this files edited?

If inside of your app you need to implement a front end to do so.

Or should they be loaded from the outside to the ctrlX CORE? The central data storage called configuration can be used for files that needs to be down/uploadable from external. See documentation on GitHub.

The latter. The files are loaded from outside of ctrlX CORE.

@CodeShepherd wrote:

Or should they be loaded from the outside to the ctrlX CORE? The central data storage called configuration can be used for files that needs to be down/uploadable from external.

Is there documentation which describes how this is done? I did not see any hits in boschrexroth.github.io for this.

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Sorry I forgot to add the link to the documentation on GitHub and reworked my post above.

nickH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Another hint: You can also look into the documentation (section: Working with configurationsto get a general overview on the configuration file storage in ctrlX OS. 

Additinaly here are two how tos on how to use this storage for configuration files from your self created snap:

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist