Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

OPC UA communication issue. ctrlX CORE - WinStudio

OPC UA communication issue. ctrlX CORE - WinStudio

Ievhen
Established Member

Hello,

I have a problem with the communication of the ctrlX CORE PLC App with WinStudio via OPC UA.

With default settings communication is established correctly, (without encryption). Browse variables also works well. But when I map the variable, and put on the screen, I don't see the value update but only ??????. The reading counter doesn't change either. However, the publishing works fine.

As far as I understand, subscription mode doesn't work for me.

Ievhen_0-1673475409416.png

Because if I add a trigger, e.g. BlinkFast, the reading starts working, but it behaves strangely. Sometimes ?????? symbols will appear, or variables fall into exchange loops.

Is there an option to establish communication using a subscription?

Versions:
ctrlX CORE RM22.11
PLC App, OPC UP,... v18
HMI VR3 WinStudio(IndraWorks 14V22 P12) - I don't use indraworks v15 because Latest WinStudio Remote Agent has a problem with custom windows shell.

Any ideas?
Thank you in advance for your help!

7 REPLIES 7

Peter_B
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello,

i tried to get communication with my ctrlx (OPC_UA Server 1.16.0) via IW14V22P13 and i failed. As far as i know you need at least IW15V12 to get the communication running. I use IW15V16 and it works fine. Encrypted and not encrypted.
So please change to IW15V16 and try it again.

Peter

Ievhen
Established Member

Thank you.
I confirm, with version 15V16_P1 it works as it should.

By the way, I noticed a version mismatch. Same IndraWorks WinStudio and Remote Agent installation file on engineering PC and target device:

Ievhen_0-1674072062696.png

But, If I am using WinsSudio Standalone, this warning is not present.

Peter_B
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello,

I have updated the how to description for WinStudio with communication to the ctrlX. The main change is the description how to get the communication running with our small HMI's (VR21/VH2110)

Peter

vlad
Established Member

Hello. I'm using Indraworks 15V18 and for me is not working the communication with an VH21 tablet. The OPC ua connection test without encription is working, I can browse the variables, but when I download on the device VH21, the variables are not updating. If i'm running from the PC, everything is working.

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Please beware that you need to insert the name of your VH21 into the certificate an regenerate it before loading to the HMI. Otherwise connection will be refused. See topic "ctrlX CORE -> OPC UA server app potentially not compatible with WinStudio OPC UA client.". Please also check out instruction published in this topic.

Further How tos can be found in "Collection of how to videos, blogs and examples for ctrlX AUTOMATION"

vlad
Established Member

But if i use without encription, I don't need certificate generation, right? For me the connection is successfuly, only the variables are not updating

Peter_B
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Update:

If you use a small HMI device (e.g. VH2110/VR21xx) and a ctrlx with Software 2.x you have to switch off all security mechanism and all user token with security mechanism within ctrlx. The configuration should look like this:

server_config.png 

Peter

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist