Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Nexo Tool Interface on Device Bridge

Nexo Tool Interface on Device Bridge

bclapperton
New Contributor

Does Device Bridge support Nexo Tools yet? If not, when is this functionality expected? 

The version of Device Bridge I can see on the collaboration room is 3.2.4

9 REPLIES 9

DvB_Support
Long-established Member

Hello,

DeviceBridge has a capability to handshake with Rexroth tightening systems. the same has been developed and we're almost thorugh

Unfortunately, we do not have test environment for the same to do some connectivity checks to proceed further

would be really helpful if you could setup / arrange one for us and make it available for our DeviceBridge connectivity check

we can accomplish this together

Kindly revert

Thanks

Product Support

Hello @DvB_Support 

I have a setup with Nexo Tool and ctlrX. Unfortunately I am in Australia so it may be difficult but not impossible for you to work on my system. 

I spoke to the Tightening systems business unit yesterday. I think they would be more than willing to help you test Device Bridge. I will try to send you a priviate message with some contact details. 

DvB_Support
Long-established Member

Hello Bruce,

Hope this message finds you well 😊 we could connect with Colin Emmerson for Nexo Tightening system connectivity.

Thanks to Colin for setting up necessary prerequisites which made the session meaningful and interactive.

Glad to let you know that we’re through with the initial connectivity and data collection. Next consecutive sessions will cover Graph Curve data extraction, handling reconnection etc, etc.

Shall keep you posted on the progress

Thanks much for your reference and help in advance.

Thanks

Product Support

Hi Praveen,

That's good that you are working with Colin.

Will the Device Bridge App ever be able to select programs on the tools? Or does it only receive results data from the tightening?

DvB_Support
Long-established Member

Hi Bruce,

The protocol has capacity and the same can be implemented in case such requirements are there.

May i have the scope or no.of tools you're looking forward to connect with DeviceBridge app

Kindly note, both DeviceBridge windows and ctrlX snap versions(Linux) will have this feature to handshake with tightening systems over Open Protocol fyi

Thanks

Product Support

Hi Praveen,

I get involved when a PLC program is required to control other processes around the tightening tool. For example socket trays, stack lights, Automatic sequencing of different tightening programs. Automatic positioning using servo drives. 

Usually there would only be one tool and one PLC per station. Maybe there is a HMI for the operator to use to select the process. 

So really I'm looking for a simple way, user friendly way to select programs on the tool, set number of tightenings, enable, monitor OK, NOK, final values. An example would be the PLC code we have. This works but requires expert knowledge to set up. 

Or maybe we just need an interface to the MID commands of the open-core. The MID commands are very well documented. Maybe Device Bridge could expose a MID interface on the data layer. 

Thanks for the update. I still need to know the answer to this question....

Will the Device Bridge App ever be able to select programs on the tools? Or does it only receive results data from the tightening?

DvB_Support
Long-established Member

Should be technically possible. Driver enhancement would be required.
Currently DeviceBridge receives the result data from the tightening systems

Thanks
Product Support

Thank you for clarifying that. 

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist